RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"RunUO2.3r987_Full" Causing ALL connecting Clients to crash

FooFire

Sorceror
To anyone who can help me.

Hi I used to run a family and friends RunUO server years ago and before that a Sphere Server. I want to re-create the old server as everyone is interested but am having to relearn a lot, fast!

I've skimmed the forums here and across various blogs to get this far but I've hit a road block.

I downloaded the Classic Client from uo.com and patched up to latest (7.0.33.0 i believe)
installed RunUO2.3r987_Full set up and ran

connected with owner account all fine

walked to an area with NPC's or outside of new haven and then the client hangs and crashes.
there is no error log generated and the server console just reports Disconected

Have tested this on windows 7+XP with various different created users from player to Owner level account.

I even made a Sphere server to check the client worked and it runs fine.

The fault seems to lay with the server making the client crash. I have re-installed the server multiple times on 2 different servers trying without modifying anything and still have this issue.

Please help me to get a RunUO shard working again.

Dezzie

Sorceror
I am having the same issues as FooFire, and I went to the link https://github.com/runuo/runuo/releases/tag/v2.4 but I'm not sure what to do with that file. It does not have an .exe file in it, when I place it in the folder my server starts up with tons of errors. The RunUO in that version is a SLN file and I don't know what to do with it. Anyone have any advice here?

tindo

Sorceror
Make sure you grab the .zip and not the source code. Inside the zip is the new install of razor and then 3 .exe files. If you have NET 2.0, then use that exe. If you have NET 4.0 then use that .exe. This will compile the core for you and start the server. If you have any custom scripts, you will need to add/merge them.