RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RUO 2.0] Shard Voting

September

Sorceror
rewards ?

Can They Just get a Reward with out having to vote ? Gonna Try this out But Didn't want to use it unless there is some way it checks that they vote first then get rewarded. Otherwise player keeep clicking get pack full O Gold :p

Vorspire

Knight
September;851251 said:
Can They Just get a Reward with out having to vote ? Gonna Try this out But Didn't want to use it unless there is some way it checks that they vote first then get rewarded. Otherwise player keeep clicking get pack full O Gold :p

You just have to have more faith in your players ;)

Vorspire

Knight
romanthebrain;852187 said:
any ideas yet about the ip check?

Why don't you try the modifications yourself and post in the Script Support section with your results?
I don't have time to do your work for you and I don't think anyone else has either, sorry.

I'll give you some tips;

You don't have to check by IP directly, I believe the AdminGump has a button that lets your view all Accounts that share an IP range.
What you'll have to do is research the code used to do this and apply it to the checking algorithm in the Vote system to see whether the Account that is trying to vote has any other Accounts shared, and if so, you take the list of shared Accounts and loop through, applying the Account Tags to each account.

That's one way to do it, but I'm not going to do it for you.

Code:
Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 2.1, Build 3995.28114
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7600.0
.NET Framework: 2.0.50727.4952
Time: 27/03/2011 11:26:06 PM
Mobiles: 1044
Items: 46281
Exception:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'Data\VoteSystem.cfg'.
File name: 'Data\VoteSystem.cfg'
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileInfo.get_Length()
   at Server.Voting.VoteConfig.Deserialize()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Clients:
- Count: 0
anyone can help me??

Vorspire

Knight
You can override the OnBeforeVote method in your custom VoteItem script, or in the supplied VoteStone.cs

If OnBeforeVote returns false, then the Player will not be able to vote...
Your code should include a way to track the IP addresses and check whether they have voted or not, you can do this easily with extra account tags.

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
You should consider maybe updating/fixing this since you ressed it. =P

I know it has a couple issues, like not handling a few errors properly...Try voting on a stone without a site setup.

Paradyme

Page
How did you use the old ascii text in the mouse over? Is that possible to override the aos item stat gumps with ascii instead of unicode?

Vorspire

Knight
How did you use the old ascii text in the mouse over? Is that possible to override the aos item stat gumps with ascii instead of unicode?

You can use custom text in ObjectPropertyLists if you use a cliloc with the value of ~1_NOTHING~ - then it's just a case of adding a html-formatted string.

Abracadabra2.0

Traveler
Just wanted to give a HUGE thanks to Vorspire. I've been needing something like this for a long time and it's going to be a great addition to my server.

Vorspire

Knight
It might crash on first boot of the system because of my sloppy use of file creation, once the file is created though it will not crash. This doesn't always happen, it's just possible.

I didn't update the package with the fix because it's not a major issue and doesn't affect the system itself as a whole.
The technique I used in this system for file creation is totally redundant and does not exist in my newer systems.

davidovo

Page
Hey guys how to make more than 1 web site to vote sorry If it was already answered but I got to go and dont have time to read now!