RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S1980 Shard Referral Reward System

Shadow1980

Wanderer
Hehe thanks Sunshine. I'll be home all day tommorow due to the same issues. My home will be a 'office' with another employee having to work from here as well.
Oh well at least I wont travel to the office and then back I suppose.

S

Sheilaplafcan

Thankyou!!

I put this on my shard right away. It's so awsome !! Congrats on such a great script :) :D :D

Shadow1980

Wanderer
It's been performing extremely well on our own shard the past months - I haven't ran into any issues anymore. Keep me informed of how things are going, especially on more active shards :)

Sunshine

Wanderer
We love the script and have no more issues...players are all getting their rewards and never any problems..thanks again for sharing

Shadow1980

Wanderer
Sunshine said:
We love the script and have no more issues...players are all getting their rewards and never any problems..thanks again for sharing

Very welcome Sunshine :)
Drop by in our chat again sometime, haven't spoken to you for ages!
(I was gone to a conference so if you have visited you might have missed me - i'll be fully back again around tuesday)

S

Sheilaplafcan

Question about referrals

I have players asking if it has been 120 hours yet. Is there a way to check? Also, is there a way to like bring up a window with all the referrals that people are working on and how long they all got until they recieve their gift? I hope I explained this right, it's hard to describe what i mean. Thankyou!! :D

Shadow1980

Wanderer
Willie25 said:
You scripted it also so that they can't put their own Account name into it? :confused: :p

Yes, you can not enter yourself as your own referrer, nor can you enter an account that does not exist.

Shadow1980

Wanderer
Sheilaplafcan said:
I have players asking if it has been 120 hours yet. Is there a way to check? Also, is there a way to like bring up a window with all the referrals that people are working on and how long they all got until they recieve their gift? I hope I explained this right, it's hard to describe what i mean. Thankyou!! :D

This is quite possible, however you have to consider what you want and for which player. Is it the referrer that is asking this or are it mainly the players that joined the shard and put somebody in as referrer? (Confusing sentence)

Note that the referrer account doesn't receive a tag until he is ready to receive the reward, so you have to use the information on the account(s) that entered this person as a referrer.

I personally have no need nor the time to do this, but if somebody would like to create such a gump - the best way is to loop through all accounts on the shard, check which have a referrer entered, and extract the required data.

Perhaps a command for players which allows them to see how long it will take for each instance of them being named as a referrer to reach the correct timespan?

Apologies if this is confusing - it is a rather confusing topic ;)
The system could be 'enhanced' using more gumps & information - such as the moment somebody receives a reward, but it is functioning like I intended and I have too little time to enhance it with 'eye-candy'.
(Work and real life is tempering with my time on such a scale that I can't even finish publishes in time anymore - it really sucks as I love working on our shard. In a perfect world I could earn money doing just that...)

Shadow1980

(Work and real life is tempering with my time on such a scale that I can't even finish publishes in time anymore - it really sucks as I love working on our shard. In a perfect world I could earn money doing just that...)
Wow! That would be nice. *Lucid closes his eyes and dreams*

Pyro-Tech

Knight
Error Booting this up on a 2.0 shard.....can't figure out how to upgrade it so...here is the error:

Code:
 + Custom/New Scripts/Systems/Tell A Friend/TellAFriend.cs:
    CS0266: Line 61: Cannot implicitly convert type 'Server.Accounting.IAccount'
 to 'Server.Accounting.Account'. An explicit conversion exists (are you missing
a cast?)
    CS0266: Line 178: Cannot implicitly convert type 'Server.Accounting.IAccount
' to 'Server.Accounting.Account'. An explicit conversion exists (are you missing
 a cast?)

Shadow1980

Wanderer
We are not upgrading our server to RunUO 2.0 for now, so if somebody else would like to update this script to RunUO 2.0, then I will gladly stick that version in the first post alongside the 1.0 version. :)

Pyro-Tech

Knight
I tried looking at it, but i don't understand the errors it throws....they must have changed something in accounting to do it, but i dont understand how/why it is on those lines it is throwing a fit....

Pyro-Tech

Knight
just checking to see if anyone by chance has had this working on a 2.0 server yet??

im sitting here trying to figure out the right thing to change....and it's being damn well annoying

Pyro-Tech

Knight
I got this working on 2.0 finally but i dunno for certain if it is functioning correctly....

is it supposed to add a tage on the referrer's accoung to? or just the person being referred?

Shadow1980

Wanderer
Pyro-Tech said:
I got this working on 2.0 finally but i dunno for certain if it is functioning correctly....

is it supposed to add a tage on the referrer's accoung to? or just the person being referred?

The person being referred initially receives the tag. Once the conditions are met for the referrer to receive his reward, he receives a tag on his account which triggers the reward next time he logs in.
Apologies for not being of further assistance but as I said we are not upgrading to 2.0 as we are far too modified and there just isn't enough time (or reason) for us to do so.

Pyro-Tech

Knight
Shadow1980 said:
The person being referred initially receives the tag. Once the conditions are met for the referrer to receive his reward, he receives a tag on his account which triggers the reward next time he logs in.
Apologies for not being of further assistance but as I said we are not upgrading to 2.0 as we are far too modified and there just isn't enough time (or reason) for us to do so.

it wasn't too hard to upgrade for someone who knows what they're doing....it took me forever since i didn't really know....and i think it is working then....if you like i can send it to you so you can look at it?