RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sallos exception:

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Sallos exception:

Windows XP x64 w/ Service Pack 1.

x64 .NET 2.0

PHP:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException was unhandled
  Message="Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation."
  Source="mscorlib"
  StackTrace:
       at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
       at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
       at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)
       at Sallos.Core.Startup()
       at Sallos.Core.Main(String[] args)

Ryan said:
Windows XP x64 w/ Service Pack 1.

x64 .NET 2.0

PHP:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException was unhandled
  Message="Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation."
  Source="mscorlib"
  StackTrace:
       at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
       at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
       at Sallos.Core.Startup()
It seems that you're using the old launcher. Re-download Sallos from http://www.runuo.com/krrios/sallos/sallos.zip . If you don't want to re-download all the Gunbound update files (~100MB), unpack the archive into your current Sallos directory, overwriting existing files.

If, after doing the above, you get a error message similar to this:

PHP:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.FileLoadException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131019.
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean isBinderDefault, Assembly caller, Boolean verifyAccess)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean verifyAccess)
   at Sallos.Core.Launch(String[] args)

(notice "StartUp" -> "Launch")

then Sallos can't load the main core because it's probably missing some dependent DLLs - most likely the Managed DirectX libraries.
Check if you have those installed (in C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC\ you should have the folders Microsoft.DirectX, Microsoft.DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback, etc.).

There's a rare case when Sallos won't start even if you have those DLLs installed. To remedy this, copy all DLLs from the folders C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC\Microsoft.DirectX.* to your Sallos folder.

chad2005_88

Wanderer
okay, i am missing the libraries, can somone post a link to download them. all the links on the forums i have found are broken

chad2005_88 said:
okay, i am missing the libraries, can somone post a link to download them. all the links on the forums i have found are broken
If you have a DirectX 9.0 install, you can install the Managed DirectX Runtime libraries with the following command:

C:\Path\To\DirectX9\Install\dxsetup.exe /InstallManagedDX

-- OR --

Extract the file mdxredist.msi from ManagedDX.CAB (located in the DirectX 9 installation folder) and run it.

-- OR --

Download this archive and unpack to the folder where you installed Sallos.
http://rapidshare.de/files/9270467/Managed_DirectX_Runtime_for_Sallos.zip.html

chad2005_88

Wanderer
okay. i put those files in the salos directory, i tried to run it again and it says..

Sallos has encountered an error and must close

:::: DETAILS ::::

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.FileLoadException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131019.
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean isBinderDefault, Assembly caller, Boolean verifyAccess)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean verifyAccess)

chad2005_88

Wanderer
maby this will help, these are the exact files,

>Sallos
..........>Sallos.exe
..........>zlib.dll
..........>Microsoft.DirectX.dll
..........>Microsoft.DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback.dll
..........>Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.dll
..........>Microsoft.DirectX.DirectSound.dll

>Data
..........>Archives
........................>chat
........................>critical
........................>directx
........................>glyphs
........................>lobby
........................>manifest
........................>news
........................>ranks
........................>shell
........................>ultima

Tavoc

Wanderer
ok i have followed this whole thread threw over and over and have everything but i still get the error

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.BadImageFormatException: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)

(sorry i dunno how to put it into the code thing but im pretty sure its the same as above)

i have the libraries, DirectX, .netframework, but still nothing... help plz i wana play again! lol

Phantom

Knight
Your missing something...

But your error has nothing to do with the error that Ryan got while using a system with the .NET Framework

Tavoc

Wanderer
im guessing i was missing something in the managed files cuz i downloaded the link from the krrios's post way back and installed that and it worked...but now i cant get a connection!! oh well.. least im back this far