RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Script Help

angelofdeath

Wanderer
Script Help

I need some help on making a script that when someone hands in an item it spawns 10 different spawns anyone know how i can do this. Please someone help me on this i need alot of help. I want someone to turn in a item and when they do it spawns 10 spawns that have alot of mobs on it and they must kill it and the god to compelete the quest. Please someone help me start this script or if someones got a similar script that I could mess with then that could help to. Thanks all who help.

Darveon

Wanderer
You may have more work there than you want.

Perhaps you can look at the Guard Spawner script by David.

With a little creative use, you may be able to accomplish something close.

For instance, you could already have all the spawns in place. Then one spawner is this one, and it spawns the "boss" that carries the key. The key can then unlock the room or chest with the treasure. A slight change in your overall concept, but far less work involved insofar as scripting something new.

Once you get a little more experience with scripts, you can always tackle your original idea. :)

By the way...
Even if this won't work for you for this idea, it's a great script that permits a lot of other scenarios. Highly recommended script!

angelofdeath

Wanderer
That brings me to my next question. What method should i use to make it so when the items is given to the NPC the monster on a spawner at the location 3242, 1231, 0 in fel? Thanks

Quantos

Lord
angelofdeath said:
That brings me to my next question. What method should i use to make it so when the items is given to the NPC the monster on a spawner at the location 3242, 1231, 0 in fel? Thanks

Can you rephrase that please?

angelofdeath

Wanderer
Can you rephrase that please?
Ok what i am trying to say that is i want to make a script that when someone gives a item to the npc the script spawns the spawner at a sertion location.(mad spelling). The mosters on the spawner spawn and the script ends I dont think that it would be that hard to do. But if anyone could help me thanks alot.

juani

Wanderer
hm, this is just an idea, but check how npc vendors accept gold and say thanks and modify that to create monsters :)