RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seperate PlayerMobile Data

Greystar

Wanderer
Seperate PlayerMobile Data

how about seperating the PlayerMobile Data from the Mobile Data of the rest of the shard... So if you make a change that only affects Mobiles and then has to go through and delete each mobile type individually you can just delete the folder and respawn the world... that way you don't delete the player files along with all the other mobiles.

Kamron

Knight
What I would propose instead, would be to serialize Houses, their Items, Players, their banks/backpacks etc, in one file, and the rest of the world in another.

That way if I wanted to flush out the world, or port the player information, I can.

Ravenal

Knight
Attcually Sp1der thats a very good idea in fact... Nice thinking... Hopefully the devs will go oooh that is a good idea, plus it may take some rewriting of that specific thing but I think it is worth it ;)