RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Server Crash out of no where.

chuck5086

Sorceror
So i was working on my server with my buddy, when all of the sudden, it crashed. The server gave me this message:

Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 2.1, Build 5335.13271
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
.NET Framework: 2.0.50727.5477
Time: 13/08/2014 9:42:52 AM
Mobiles: 40033
Items: 195866
Exception:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Server.Gumps.CategorizedAddGump.Initialize(Int32 page)
at Server.Gumps.CategorizedAddGump..ctor(Mobile owner, CAGCategory category, Int32 page)
at Server.Gumps.CAGCategory.OnClick(Mobile from, Int32 page)
at Server.Gumps.CategorizedAddGump.OnResponse(NetState state, RelayInfo info)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc) in c:\Users\User\Documents\EA Games\orb_server\Orb Server\Server\Network\PacketHandlers.cs:line 1241
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns) in c:\Users\User\Documents\EA Games\orb_server\Orb Server\Server\Network\MessagePump.cs:line 268
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice() in c:\Users\User\Documents\EA Games\orb_server\Orb Server\Server\Network\MessagePump.cs:line 129
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in c:\Users\User\Documents\EA Games\orb_server\Orb Server\Server\Main.cs:line 523

I haven't the slightest clue what that means. Can anybody point me in the right direction? :D

Dian

Sorceror
Not meaning to sound rude, but it seems you are using Orb Server version of RunUO.. that is your main issue. I would strongly suggest that you consider changing over to ServUO, as they are responsible for cleaning up the mess that Orbsydia had made. Finding anyone around here that uses that Orb Server and able to help solve your mysterious crash will be really difficult. Besides that, you will only have further issues down the road that will put you right back here with the same dilemma.

Dont get me wrong, Orbsydia did some great things with that fork of RunUO, but it was abandoned way before it was close to being stable. You should be able to convert to ServUO without too much hassle, and there is support over there to help you along the way. If you really dont want to change it over, you still might have better luck over at ServUO with this issue.

chuck5086

Sorceror
Lmao! Orb sucks balls, but i like playing around with it, it compiles a lot. I sorted that other thing out. I will check out ServUO though. Thanks!