RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Server Creation Problems

Server Creation Problems

How do I set a destination for characters to start at after they've created a character
also, I was wondering how I can make it so all characters start with the same stat level and skill level
And is there a way to make it so they can only stay within certain towns, like 2-3 at most.
and I was wondering, if I didn't have all skills set to one point, is there a way to make it so they gain skill a lot faster then the normal UO servers.

Lastly, I was curious as to what is going with Uogateway.com, did the owner change the name of the site or is there an entirely different site that I could use to make my server public.
Thank you.

BrandonJimmyToes;771009 said:
How do I set a destination for characters to start at after they've created a character
also, I was wondering how I can make it so all characters start with the same stat level and skill level
And is there a way to make it so they can only stay within certain towns, like 2-3 at most.
and I was wondering, if I didn't have all skills set to one point, is there a way to make it so they gain skill a lot faster then the normal UO servers.

Lastly, I was curious as to what is going with Uogateway.com, did the owner change the name of the site or is there an entirely different site that I could use to make my server public.
Thank you.

Set Destination: CharacterCreation.cs
find this line //CityInfo city = GetStartLocation( args, young );
Under it you can put in your destination..

Setting Gains faster find SkillChecker.cs and change to this:
if ( from.Skills.Cap == 0 )
return false;

bool success = ( chance >= Utility.RandomDouble() );
double gc = (double)(from.Skills.Cap - from.Skills.Total) / from.Skills.Cap;
gc += ( skill.Cap - skill.Base ) / skill.Cap;
gc /= 0.5;

gc += ( 1.0 - chance ) * ( success ? 0.5 : (Core.AOS ? 0.0 : 0.2) );
gc /= 0.5;
Where I have the 0.5 ,,, in your script you probably have 2 ..
And you can go public with Shard at ConnectUO

BrandonJimmyToes;771009 said:

Thank you.

Set Destination: CharacterCreation.cs
find this line //CityInfo city = GetStartLocation( args, young );
Under it you can put in your destination..

Setting Gains faster find SkillChecker.cs and change to this:
if ( from.Skills.Cap == 0 )
return false;

bool success = ( chance >= Utility.RandomDouble() );
double gc = (double)(from.Skills.Cap - from.Skills.Total) / from.Skills.Cap;
gc += ( skill.Cap - skill.Base ) / skill.Cap;
gc /= 0.5;

gc += ( 1.0 - chance ) * ( success ? 0.5 : (Core.AOS ? 0.0 : 0.2) );
gc /= 0.5;
Where I have the 0.5 ,,, in your script you probably have 2 ..
And you can go public with Shard at ConnectUO
As for the other things you ask of I have no Idea... But if you do a search for it you might find something. I know I have done a lot of searching on here.

Does that also include the changing it so the skills gain faster or just having them all start with the same percentage?

and thank you very much for all the info.

Also, I was wondering how I can make it so all characters only start off with certain items.

sorry, I am fairly new to this but I'm sure it'll be easier eventually.