ServUO Client API (Replacement for art API)

Discussion in 'Starbucks @ RunUO.com' started by irishdog, Jun 7, 2016.

1. irishdog

irishdog Sorceror

Today I have finished my rewrite of the ServUO Art API from PHP to c# and asp.

The API no longer serves just art but will serve most client information a user requires. As time goes on more information will be added to the endpoint.

Right now what is available:
    • Item art
    • Gump art
    • Multi art
    • Animations (new)
    • Sounds(new)
    I will continue to add to this list as time goes on.

Not only that but the API is open source now under the GNU v3 license and anyone is free to submit bug fixes and features or use it for their own needs.

Endpoints are available at: http://services.servuo.com/API
    Source at: https://github.com/ServUO/Client-API

Have fun!

2. irishdog

irishdog Sorceror

Update

Changes:
    • New feature: Paperdoll builder. See below for information
    • Bugfix: Fix for item art hues being one off.

Paperdoll builder:

This is a neat feature that allows you to pass in gear for the system to build a paperdoll image.

This is what the endpoint expects: <BodyHue>:<Isfemale>,<ItemID>:<Hue>,<ItemID>:<Hue>,<ItemID>:<Hue>,<ItemID>:<Hue>,......

An example of this is:
    Code:
    http://services.servuo.com/uoapi/paperdoll?gear=1003:false,50434:849,50543:0,50480:1711,50544:0,50542:0,50546:0,50545:0,50984:0,50560:0,
    Which will result in: [​IMG]

#2 irishdog, Jun 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  3. irishdog

irishdog Sorceror

New feature: Avatar generation from paperdoll.

Just a simple extension of the previous paperdoll update. Apped ?avatar=true to your uri for it to happen.

N.B. because UO art files are all so low resolution the avatars generated are not so pretty.

Example useage:
    Code:
    http://services.servuo.com/uoapi/paperdoll?gear=1003:false,50434:849,50543:0,50480:1711,50544:0,50542:0,50546:0,50545:0,50984:0,50560:0&avatar=true
    Output: [​IMG]

pooka01 likes this.
  4. Evolutions

Evolutions Wanderer

Just found this. Nice! Thanks a lot... even if your thread got hijacked by apparent jealousy :D
    From what I see ServUO is the only viable and most updated emulator around.

5. gametec

gametec Page

It's one solution anyway. RunUO 2.5 is the foundation for ServUO. So ServUO is, in essence, RunUO-powered. The only thing that breaks ServUO consistently is the lack of testing they do for the new content they add into their repository, and the changes being made that are not always in compliance with scripts already on the server; like UO Compendium by Praxiiz. Normally I am very quiet about this topic, but my viewpoint is a shared consensus among some of us in the community.

Where certain individuals love to state ServUO is the only viable solution, I beg to differ. I know of several projects that are in the works including my own that are exactly like ServUO - a RunUO-based fork. The truth is that no matter who's fork you choose to use, they are ALL forks of the original and none can lay claim to all the code that runs their world; credit has and always will need to go to the original RunUO Development Team.

Along with a thank you for making it all open source because they didn't have to.

I will end this by saying that ServUO is a viable option for those wanting to get the latest and greatest of the Enhanced Client and the newest stuff UO has to offer. However if you are old school like me then perhaps you are better off with RunUO 1.0 or 2.7.

Just my 2 cents ;)

6. Evolutions

Evolutions Wanderer

And gametc as far as community support and updates ServUO IS the only smart choice for now for those making current era.. no offense intended, I understand what you mean.

7. Evolutions

Evolutions Wanderer

If I were making an older style shard, runuo 100%.. but for current era.. ServUO has very talented guys, a nice community and can set up a site not spammed by bots ROFL.

8. gametec

gametec Page

I never disputed that their community was nice or that the devs didn't know what they were doing. I only stated that ServUO wasn't the only active server emulator. :p
    I think support is, on both ends, about the same. I've had questions answered on both websites.

However I stand by my opinion that they don't test what goes into their distribution which causes compatibility issues with other scripts.

Evolutions likes this.
  9. MadeInQuebec

MadeInQuebec Administrator
    Staff Member

I try my best :(

#9 MadeInQuebec, Jun 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  10. Evolutions

Evolutions Wanderer

I'm great :D Good to see you again. Still working on paying for my mistakes from back when I drank 24/7 but I've been on the wagon a long time now. Two more court dates to go and I'm finally through it all. Takes a lot of work facing all that and staying sober, but I stay focused on my job and messing around with UO at night with my UO friends :D Thanks for asking.

Vorspire likes this.
  11. Evolutions

Evolutions Wanderer

Oh, MadeinQuebec.. sorry about that I was talking about justuo. It's very had to find posts there atm but it seems ServUO is updated a little more so I hang out there :) The spam here isn't anywhere as bad as it was. I'm thankful the site is still here because it has a lot of things I used to reference. When it went down awhile I was bummed. Thanks for all you do!

12. nightshark

nightshark Sorceror

Ironically the person who claims to care most about keeping the RunUO community alive (or simply being loyal to a brand name) after being abandoned by its owners, is the reason that this community has no active long term posters.

RunUO is certainly a better emulator than ServUO for those wishing to emulate oldschool eras, which even those leading the direction of ServUO will admit to. ServUO is not particularly concerned with backward compatibility when it comes to pull requests and the work required to create a UOR or earlier shard from ServUO only gets larger and larger as more commits come in.

However, ServUO doesn't discriminate between users of RunUO and ServUO, and it's certainly the best place to get advice or share ideas without having a resident troll with free reign shitting all over the users. There are many users that are familiar with RunUO there and many knowledgable programmers that will help new users find the solution to their problems, regardless of emulator choice.