RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simple comparrison of KUOC vs OSI

psz

Administrator
Simple comparrison of KUOC vs OSI

Can you guess which client is which? ;->

Tylius

Sorceror
I'm ashamed at my system now... I've got one megabyte less memory than you psz :(

*Edit*

but, the osi client is taking up 45, 992kb on my computer, and kuoc is taking around 60 megs, interesting

psz

Administrator
Spider, you looked at the CPU Usage? ;->

The ram's not THAT much different... 20 or so MB... CPU Usage, OTOH.... Krrios wins hands down.

KUOC uses AT MOST 20% on my puter... OSIs stays about where you see it there (98%).

ausplaya

Wanderer
hmmm - seems my puter is running diff to all yours, I have bugger all CPU usage like yours does, however on krrios it uses up to 160MB RAM at times when in full flight with alot of animations around me. Be awesome if the memory usage could be lowered somewhat - mind you, my system at home is old old piece of crap, 350mhz p2 with 256mb ram running XP Pro. Dunno if that makes a diff to memory usage but yeah uses a hell of alot when animations on screen become numerous.

sentri

Wanderer
Hi, guys. The Krrios Client ROX, but I have the opposite problem. OSI Client takes 27Mb Ram (and i can start 6 clients easy without lag), Krrios Client 270Mb RAM (CPU goes to 100) and even when i close it it still stays in the memory and my computer slows like HELL. I have to reboot. My computer is Athlon XP2100@ 2800 real. 333@400 DDR Twinmos 512Mb RAM, 80GB HDD Maxtor 8mb/7200, Asus GeForce3 ti500,
Windows XP Corp, SP1. I run it in 1024x768 (on 19'' Sony using 1280x1024 on Desktop) and also a T1 connection. Please post any suggestions. Thanks Guys

Sentrium, Poland

Phantom

Knight
Its not possible ot load 6 clients with the lastest patch, well it is but requires you to hex-edit a file...

pr0totype

Wanderer
Doesn't the OSI client by defult set it self to 100% CPU usage?
I know I can run the OSI client and cs at the same time with no lag..

OSI + winamp + gunbound with no lag too. :p

psz

Administrator
I have UOGateway set to reduce priority to Low by default.
(It is set to Normal when run straight, BTW)

ausplaya

Wanderer
psz - setting priority to low for OSI client, does that effect game at all? I was going to do this as I do to some other programs, but was a bit weary of stuffing round with it knowing it's sposed to use 100% or close to. I still have one use for OSI client so be good if lowering priority wont effect it at all.

oh, and I see in your screeny that is running OSI client straight, what kinda CPU usage do you have when priority is low through gateway?