RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Size of dynamic area

Mazhug

Sorceror
Hello. I created some custom locations on the server with pandora's box. The problem is: i can see only a little amount of tiles (square around a player) on the minimap. Where can I increase amountof tiles with dynamic data around a player so this amount fill a whole minimap area?

Safera

Page
There are 3 different places that "pieces" placed in the game are saved:
  1. Dynamic items are items that reside in the emulator's worldfile (in saves/items).
    **These do not show up on the radar screen**
    You can have virtually any item in worldfile. The items that need to be in the worldfile and should never be frozen into statics are usable items such as doors, containers, spawners, moongates, forges, anvils, looms, spinning wheels, ovens, etc.
  2. Static items are items that are frozen into the client's staticsX.mul and staidxX.mul files.
    **I think these show up on the radar screen, but only show up as you enter the area (so smaller range). I know trees show up for sure. I can't remember positively tho, but I do know that you have to make sure that colors are set for them in the Radar tab in UOFiddler**
    The only things that should be static are decorations, building parts such as walls, floors, roofs, etc. Basically anything that has no function other than to look pretty.
  3. The map is contained in the map.mul files.
    **The map is definitely on the radar**
    The "playing field", including landmasses and waterbodies.
Some more info on this:
http://www.runuo.com/community/thre...freeze-and-unfreeze-commands.8165/#post-55354
http://www.runuo.com/community/thre...s-from-the-statics0-mul-file.7521/#post-51386

If anyone can add to this or clarify, please do.