RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

-Smooth Walk-

Superpopo

Wanderer
-Smooth Walk-

Can be added option like Smooth Walk in Razor so all with slow connection can play decently not at the same level of dsl but nearly!! UO became if a battle with people who have better connction and not a real ability in game!!

Kamron

Knight
If you tried to do that, it would require an intriquite network prediction system. And UO doesnt work well with that (hence the rubberband effect).

nachtgeist03

Wanderer
If you want to pvp, run 2D. It looks like crap compared to 3d, but you get used to it after a while. 2d runs 100x faster and uses a bunch less memory 'n stuff. PvP = 2D

Superpopo

Wanderer
YokoInjection have smooth walk but Razor is better than injection if its possible to add this feature Razor became Uo best program!!

Cmonkey123

Wanderer
nachtgeist03 said:
If you want to pvp, run 2D. It looks like crap compared to 3d, but you get used to it after a while. 2d runs 100x faster and uses a bunch less memory 'n stuff. PvP = 2D

2D looks like crap compared to 3D :D

Quite the contrary if I say so myself.

Kiwi

Knight
Whoever designed those 3D models really needs to study human anatomy :rolleyes:

They are just plain terrible

nachtgeist03

Wanderer
Cmonkey123 said:
Quite the contrary if I say so myself.

Make your first UO experience 3D and go with it for about 4 months, and then make the switch to 2D. Looks shitty 'till you get used to it.

Upon reflection, 3D will never again be installed on my system.

TheOutkastDev said:
You want a smoother game experience get a better connection

Running high-speed cable myself. Noticible reduction in lag going from 3D to 2D.

Kamron

Knight
Yeah, if the models looked good, hues worked like they do in 2d, and you could edit/extract/make new models for 3d. Then there wouldnt be a problem implimented new stuff and supporting 3d as well.

And who the fuck gives a shit about zooming into such shitty 3d models ON a 2d world.

Kamron

Knight
Smooth Walk for slow connections is like network prediction in CS. Its not possible to easily impliment in UO and keep a rich atmosphere (as well as fair playing). Also may allow for exploits.

Blackjoe

Wanderer
Smoothwalk in Yoko's Injection seems to work just fine.

Seems like people are mostly running with full speed without envoking any speedhack warnings.

I used it a lot when I played on shards far away from me. Bandwitdh is not always the problem, distance also got something to do with it.

Ingvarr

Wanderer
Before RunUO B36 dialup clients ran with regular lags without smoothwalk.

After upgrading to B36, there is no difference between smoothwalk and without smoothwalk because of proper packet throttling implemented in server.

vAlAkIvI

Page
i still cant figured out why people think 3D gives more lag? probably from old PC without 3D card or something, besides 2D looks really horrible compared to 3D.

Kamron

Knight
My shard used to be located in israel (I am in los angeles). My friend who hosts it and I would race to see connection speeds (both DSL). He lives 10 minutes away from where he hosts it, and he has a top of the line computer. I outrun him on foot, but on a mount I lag.

The only complaint i have is about lag and running with mounts, which i cant do much about.