RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some Help needed

Hels_vga

Sorceror
Some Help needed

Well i need help with some modifications that i wanted to make in my server (well, its not mine really, one of my friends is the owner but it doesnt matter)

First i wanted to know if there could be made some system to give a name to the weapons that you make with 120 of smithery, and if it could be made a system of tittles like in the players (the honorius Hels x ex.), and if they could grew its power attack in depending on the fame the weapons have.

Second question i wanted to treat is that i wanted to make a pvp system of guards, so than when you call guards instead of apper a guard and kill instantly the pj, some guards, 1 or 2 or 3 or any quantity i want appear and start attacking the pk but that they could be killed. Related with this, i would like to change the fact that when you target a player you get grey without slashin' him, only to target him, and moreover, if you are grey or pk, if you enter in a city, guards are called on you, i would like yo change it too.

Third modification i was thinking in is to make a player guard. The concept of this would be that one. You are a player and you get into the World city guards corp (this could be the name of the pj guards system), and you are assigned to a city or zone of the Sosaria world, in that place there is a object that acts like a buzon center, when you make double click in that object, it opens a window to send a pm to a guard that is asigned to that zone and that it is online or not busy with other job... Another good idea would be that when player enters the World City Guards Corp, can choose the place or city were he wants to work, and that when a pm is sent to him and he is already solving a problem, he can change some kind of status tu busy, so that he doesn't gets another pm's. Another good idea would be to crete a system of turns when there are more than one guard asigned to the same place, so that one works from an hour to another one, and the other one in a different hour time. So it would work in the next way, a pm would be sent to the player, describing the problem and etc, and when the pm is opened at the end could appear two buttons to accept or decline the job, like in the quest. In the case that is accepted, that guard would change some kind of status to busy, and it could not receive more messages until the problem is solved and the person that sent the pm clicks a button that would said problem solved, and a positive point would be asigned to the guard. If the person that sends the pm doesnt receive help or the helps fail, it could click another button that says "i haven't been helped", and the pm is deleted an a negative point is asigned to the guard. And if the guard tries to help but he is not able to solve the problem and the payer that requested help thinks that have tried hard to solve his problem, he could simply delete the pm and the guard wouldnt be asigned any kind of point, no negative, no positive.
At the end of each week, for each number of positive points, the guard will recieve some extra money apart of its common salary, that will depend of the category of the guard. When a number of points is reached, the guard will be able to promote to a better rank, by accesing to some kind of mission. When the player reaches a determinated range, he will be given some armor and some npcs that follows him, just like pets, but that dont count as one.
When the player reaches the top ranks he will be able to order other players to do something, or to change their city or zone guarded.

I understand that the system, just as I plan it, its very difficult to do, if not impossible without touching some predeterminated scripts of the game. However I would like ya to help me.

Another problem that I've got is related with friends house system. I would like to be able to enter a house or to get closer to the door without being a friend of tha house. That system absolutely destroys the pvp system near the houses. And moreover, i would like to remove the posibility of getting out of tha house by clicking on yourself and ten click in Get out of the house, it doesn't favour the rol game at all.

At least, I would like to know how to make my own races, with their own habilities that i thought for that races. If someones thinks that can help me in any of those modifications of the game, please response.

Thank you at all.

Thagoras

Sorceror
Ok, good job with coming up with a some goals. When I first joined this community, I wrote up what I wanted for my server. A few people posted things like, 'good idea' or 'can't wait to play on it'. Most weren't helpful, but a few gave a few pointers. I'm well on my way to completing my list of things on my server. The information is out there. But you need to look for it and ask specific questions and be creative. There are many things out there that are LIKE what you want but only need some modifications to fit with what you want. Always look for things like what you want first...bearing in mind that not everything will work right away.

1. Naming weapons. Every item has a name. There are a few ways to do this though. Look up the blacksmithing skill...or crafting. I think that upon creation, the master may put his mark on it. See how that's done and just modify it to include the name. weapon.Name = "whatever". Another way could be to make an item which could modify the name of another item. you'd just need to put in a few checks, like maker == user or whatever.

2. Guards. I never cared for the instant summon, instant kill guards of osi. Look for Killable guards (guardians). They're quite functional. The mage will teleport to a red or criminal, but the others won't, they all attack nicely and they are powerful, but this can be adjusted. You also need to be in range for them to help. They are customizable though. You can make them so they only go after PKs and monsters...or anything, for that matter. A lot easier to modify than the distro guards.

3. Player guards. Hmmm. Not hard to do. One way you could do this is by making a professional guard guild (npcguild). Simple mod to playermobile.cs. I've been playing with the npcguilds a lot lately and they have a lot more potential than people give them credit for. First off, everyone already has this variable in their mobile and it's not really being used. I've created doors and teleporters that only respond if you're in the right guild. You can make weapons to do checks if you're in a guild or not...or even if your rank in the guild is high enough. I did also put in a rank system and with a little modification to the titles.cs, the rank will display. Goto locations (when help is needed) would be a gump thing, perhaps. But the information how to do it is out there.

Don't get discouraged and keep with it. These are all fairly easy to do.