RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some ideas for the next Razor version

igorfalima

Wanderer
Some ideas for the next Razor version

1-The razor could save the skills progress in a file with date and time, so that we could see how faster the skills of one char are increasing.

2-The macros in Razor could have an advanced option for making macros like we do in easy UO, where we can program our own macros with functions like ‘for’ and using variables tests like ‘ifs’.

3-The Run UO could have his own UO map.

4-Run UO could have an option for auto using bandages. Spirit speak and healing potions and one option for auto say guards when we are in protection of guards and some one is attacking us.

5-The stats changes and locks could be displayed in the skills tab like uo assist.

6-Run UO could have an option for seeking a target we do in uoassist pressing alt and clicking in the target

7-In the Screen Shots tab could have an option for recording the game window

8-Razor could be an open source project, like run uo

Fury

Wanderer
For an opposing view to this.. ive never been a fan of people who want a tool that will play the game for them ( like #4 that simply makes it so you dont even have to think) , i just dont think thats what its about and i hope razor doesnt go that direction. And runuo is not open source fyi and im happy as hell niether runuo or razor are.

psz

Administrator
3 - Have it's own map? Huh?

4 - Razor has this, the Krrios Client can have macros for this, and there are already commands on the Script Submission Board for these.

8 - As Fury said: RunUO is NOT OpenSource. This is a Good Thing(TM)

BTW, this is the Razor Forum... RunUO has a forum of it's own for suggestions. Not everyone that uses Razor uses RunUO.

Fury

Wanderer
Aye the hotkeys to use those items are in.. i thought he was suggesting a more automated using of them like at x hitpoints drink this, which can alrdy technically be done i guess.

kethoth

Page
it can be done but you must have another of the item you wish to use, if it is one use only, so you can record the macro

Roma

Wanderer
ive never been a fan of people who want a tool that will play the game for them ( like #4 that simply makes it so you dont even have to think) , i just dont think thats what its about and i hope razor doesnt go that direction.
ROFL, you probably didn't have to think when writing this... Write your own fully-autonomous mining/lumber etc script and then speak about such things... BELIEVE me, it takes MUCH more time and thinking to write such a script, than simply taking a pickaxe and setting up lastobject/lasttarget macro and doing it all by hand. And those who use scripts a lot care less if razor implements normal script parser or not, cause as long as Razor stays less powerfull than combo of easyuo + injection, they'll use them for scripting barely looking into razors side. And razor will remain some "less powerfull, less difficult" tool for those who can't, don't want to script and for whom "record macro" is entirely enough... Very likely those people will be the masses in the end, like 95%, but that speaks little into razors favor. Actually razor was designed as "uoassist clone", and uoassist is a bad tool for advanced unattended macroing...

ssalter

Account Terminated
There are pros and cons concerning open source for Razor.

The big Con is a bunch of little Razor clones that don't do what they should do and the heat coming back to the official Razor. Another Con are includes finding appropriately technical developers to the team.

The big Pro is increased resources, a sense of community, and possibly more rapid and extensive development.

I personally think it'd be great if it was open source as long as it had a gnu license.

psz

Administrator
You forget the BIG Con: Servers that DON'T WANT CHEATS. You opensource Razor, cheats WILL be found and made, and there's nothing the servers could do about it.

The pros in this case are dwarfed to almost insignifigance.

RunUO isn't Opensource. Razor isn't Opensource. I pray Zippy, Ryan, and Krrios keep it this way.

Fury

Wanderer
you assume because i dont agree with it i cant do it.. it is more my opinion as a staff on a shard.. i can write a macro script with the best of them that was not my point.

ssalter

Account Terminated
psz said:
You forget the BIG Con: Servers that DON'T WANT CHEATS. You opensource Razor, cheats WILL be found and made, and there's nothing the servers could do about it.

I think you underestimate shard admins.

Zippy

Razor Creator
Razor is not and NEVER will be Open source. List all the pros you want, I don't really care. Injection is open source and look at it now.... Also, I really highly doubt there are more than 5 or 10 people in this entire community capable of contributing anything useful to Razor. It's not a simple little tool.

Kamron

Knight
Just as everything, there is a limit. And PSZ is correct, dont underestimate exploiters and cheaters. I used to be one in Sphere. As an admin, when I made a solid script or fixed an exploit, players would get mad becuase they were used to it. With all of that fear behind me, I can worry about 3rd party exploitation only, and shaky code of others (not including the godly dev team of course ;) )

If RunUO was open source... this website would be gone in 1 week, and you would never see the devs. If Razor was open source, well it wouldnt be.. because thats the day RunUO goes open source...

If you were an expierenced coder, who made a massive peice of software, where 10's of thousands of people (exaggeration) relied on it. You would not want to make bugs and exploits visible by allowing people to see the mistakes you couldn't.

ASayre

RunUO Developer
XxSP1DERxX said:
If you were an expierenced coder, who made a massive peice of software, where 10's of thousands of people (exaggeration) relied on it. You would not want to make bugs and exploits visible by allowing people to see the mistakes you couldn't.

Actually... at bottom of board: We have 25098 registered users And there's the inactive acct wipes... Granted they all dont' run their own shard, but that's still an impressive number

just a Q: when you do the bandageself hot key on razor, can you make it so its like the [bandself command? i know especially in pvp, you have a spell precast, or are casting one and you press the bandageself hotkey for razor, it starts the timer but it makes it so you have to recast your spell.

i dont know if you get what im saying, but if you do i basically am asking if you can get it so it starts a timer when you use [bandself (custom script on server) because that done mess up your target cursor