RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some neat gump work ;)

A

Allmight

well

Kiwi, you really have a problem don't ya. You are one of the few ppl on this board that really is a pain in the arse, something i think you are familiar with. If you don't have anything creative to add to a post other than being rude you should really refrain from post at all. Yeah perhaps it takes 10 mins to create the actual gump when using a tool that makes it for you. And yes it is easy to make a gump in a program that does all the code for you (which i know you do). Dian did this gump by hand. One more thing you forget is that there are some planing work before the actula creation of the gump starts. Like designing the layout of the gump, looking up gumpart that should go into the gump etc. I know you don't have to do that since you make copies of gumps that OSI already have done (at least the gumps you have posted are).

So do us all a favor and climb down from your high horses and let ppl be proud of their work insted of picking on them.

Another thing you have forgotten is that RunUO is about being easy to use. You don't need to be a scripter/programmer to use it, that's the Goal with RunUO. If people want to use it on theese premises they need help in doing stuff for them, hence asking for help.

So insted of making an arse of yourself, consider the option of being helpful and supportive rather than being an asshole.

A

AlejandroX

I am one of those "few people"?

You are one of the few ppl on this board that really is a pain in the arse, something i think you are familiar with
Heheheh That means he's gay. Heheheh

A

Allmight

AlejandroX said:
I am one of those "few people"?

You were, but i think you have improved alot and actually stick to the subject and not rack down on ppl anymore. So my repect for you have increased alot since the time i barked on you :)

Kiwi

Knight
If you don't have anything creative to add to a post other than being rude you should really refrain from post at all.

This really doesn't have anything to do with the post either

Yeah perhaps it takes 10 mins to create the actual gump when using a tool that makes it for you. And yes it is easy to make a gump in a program that does all the code for you (which i know you do).

You know I do? Oh shit.. have you haxxored my PC or are there cameras in my room? :shock: :shock:

I know you don't have to do that since you make copies of gumps that OSI already have done (at least the gumps you have posted are).

Maybe because the default RUO package was to be an OSI clone, and I was just helping out?

So do us all a favor and climb down from your high horses and let ppl be proud of their work insted of picking on them.

Why don't you quit picking on me first? :(

All I said was that it is not hard to learn gumps. At all. It just takes plugging in numbers. In fact, I never said anything about the guys gump. I think it looks nice, it's just people are like "OMFG THAT IS AWESOME U SHOULD WORK FOR OSI I IWSH I COULD DO THAT :( :oops: "

Another thing you have forgotten is that RunUO is about being easy to use. You don't need to be a scripter/programmer to use it, that's the Goal with RunUO.

That's what I'm trying to tell you :rolleyes:
Maybe if you read my posts...

So insted of making an arse of yourself, consider the option of being helpful and supportive rather than being an asshole

Your right, I mean I only sit in IRC and help people out from time to time, and on the forum it's my fault because nobody asks me for help.

When someone PMs me, and needs help, I give it to them.
I'm sorry mother for dissapointing you

A

Allmight

You know I do? Oh ****.. have you haxxored my PC or are there cameras in my room? :shock: :shock:

Nothing of the sort. I just saw you chatting on IRC telling how good that prg was and that you could'nt do without it, and encouraged everyone else to use it. Im not saying that is wrong. It's saves time.

All I said was that it is not hard to learn gumps. At all. It just takes plugging in numbers. In fact, I never said anything about the guys gump. I think it looks nice, it's just people are like "OMFG THAT IS AWESOME U SHOULD WORK FOR OSI I IWSH I COULD DO THAT :( :oops: "

Well for ppl not used to programming/scripting/modifying UO that kind of stuff is awesome to them. Sure it is easy to do, but not for them since they never have done anyting like it.

That's what I'm trying to tell you :rolleyes:
Maybe if you read my posts...

I read your post, and that was NOT what you were telling them, you told them to learn to do it themselves. That has nothing to do with ease of use.

Your right, I mean I only sit in IRC and help people out from time to time, and on the forum it's my fault because nobody asks me for help.

Um i spend alot of time on IRC as well, and at least during the times im on you ask more questions than help.

I'm sorry mother for dissapointing you

LOL, that was actually funny.

Kiwi

Knight
I mentioned a program that displays the Gump ID numbers correctly, since InsideUO seems to give me the wrong numbers all the time.

It doesn't code shit for me.

A

Allmight

Kiwi said:
I mentioned a program that displays the Gump ID numbers correctly, since InsideUO seems to give me the wrong numbers all the time.

It doesn't code **** for me.

Err, no you were talking about Gump Maker, and said that you really love how easy and great it is. There were one or two guys agreeing with you as well.

And last time i checked GumpMaker was a Gumpeditor ;)

Kiwi

Knight
I don't use it to code the shit for me

How can it ? If it did make code it would most likely be Sphere, and it wouldn't even bother to convert it

Sorry, try again

A

AlejandroX

Everybody stop yelling! The angry dinners are coming back to me! :shock:

btw Almight, I say what I say and I never change. Maybe it's your own attitude that's changing cause I sure as shit am not.

Xenon

Wanderer
Look in Script Support, I have a tutorial on gump making there.
BTW, it takes more than 10 minutes for a decent, upstanding gump that doesn't look like a homeless concoction.

Oh, and if my demonstration is incomprehensible, ask another person keen with it.

Dian

Sorceror
Xenon, your post is about gump animations via verdata and other mul files, this topic is concerning actual scripted gumps for functions, like the 'Help' gump.
Sorry the pics are down atm, will get them back up for view again.. maybe.

btw Almight, I say what I say and I never change. Maybe it's your own attitude that's changing cause I sure as **** am not.
Yeah, you just proved what he had said about you originally.

Kiwi:
I don't use it to code the **** for me

How can it ? If it did make code it would most likely be Sphere, and it wouldn't even bother to convert it

Sorry, try again

erm, damn you try hard to cover up getting caught up in your bullshit.. it is obviouse it doesnt code for you, ffs.. If it did, or there was another program that codes for you, Im sure you would be coming up with all sorts of usefull scripts, and claiming you made them as well.
but you can use it to place all the tiles, lines, backgrounds etc. where you want them, how you want them without changing the script each change you need to make, and reloading RUO to see if your change is correct.
In short, making it a "Gump maker for Dummies" tool that you seem be enjoying.
next?