RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Something to make caves

Cmonkey123

Wanderer
Something to make caves

Anyone know any programs out there, besides worldforge, that can be used to make caves and cave entrances?

crystal-Hyel

Wanderer
i use worldforge is the only one can do that , and it's boring to use .

P.S: Phantom , how add Texture in game ?
i know for art and Tile , but texture ....

Cmonkey123

Wanderer
World forge is incredibly buggy... I tried to use it, but I can't resize the window, thus preventing me from entering in one of the fields necessary for editing my map files...

UOT

Knight
I use dragon to make the caves, though I did make my own script within dragon to make them cause I didn't like how the default one made them since you always had to go in world forge to fix the cave entrance. But either way, you either make you mountain using dragon or worldforge, make the cave entrance with world forge, then in game go to the cave entance and tile static cave floor IDs. Or you can [tele on top of the mountain and then set you z to 0 and then tile the cave floor within.

Cmonkey123

Wanderer
Can I have your script that makes the caves properly? It is driving me nuts trying to get stupid worldforge to work... :?

UOT

Knight
I'm just warning you before I post them, if you have one of the dragon mod versions from ryandor these scripts will screw it up because I just use the base version of dragon, so most of the colors won't be compatable. If you want them anyway I'll post 'em, or you can grab them at ryandor's forums, since I've already posted them there (just search for UOT there).

But if you have a mod version I would suggest you make your mountain and cave entrance with the mod version, then use world forge to fix the entrance (usually 1 corner of the entrance if the wrong tile) and then use pandora's box to tile the cave floor under the mountain and at the cave entrance.

If you want me to post them here, let me know.

Cmonkey123

Wanderer
Okay... maybe I'll just download a base version of dragon... I can't get worldforge to work because for some reason, I can't enter all the directory information in for world forge to work correctly...

UOT

Knight
That a sphere file, you shouldn't need it to complete the map. Worldforge uses it if you want freeze sphere items to statics. As for dragon not sure if it matters but I have it set to UOX, but I don't see where it would make a difference.

Arya

Wanderer
I'm not familiar with map editing, but I remember using wsc files when building custom houses (in pre-AoS times). They are pretty much a list of items, specifying a number of attributes like location, amount and so on... an entry looks like this:

[code:1]SECTION WORLDITEM 0
{
SERIAL 1073742163
NAME unnamed
ID 331
Y 2109
Z 39
CONT -1
TYPE 0
AMOUNT 1
COLOR 0
}[/code:1]

For a custom house the wsc file had an entry for each item that made up the house, so if you're trying to do a cave I guess you'll need in there the cave tiles... I hope this is what you're looking for, as I'm said I never did map editing.

Cmonkey123

Wanderer
Ug, I can't get world forge to work at all... it keeps comming up with the error "Read beyond end of file" every time I try to use the map editor... anyone know what that means?

Or maybe someone can make the cave entraces for me... lol

UOT

Knight
Make sure you don't have anything else accessing the map file when you open it. I usually make a copy of the map I want to edit in a seperate folder just for worldforge to edit.

Cmonkey123

Wanderer
I'm sure I don't have anything accessing the file other than worldforge... I am out of ideas...

-edit-

The error always occurs when I try to edit the map... also when I try to gerate the diff files...