RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spell range...

Alima

Wanderer
Spell range...

I need some help finding where the range of the spells is determined...ive looked all through all the base spell files and the individual spell files and cant find anything! If someone out there knows how to modify a spells casting range, id really appreciate a little help. thanks in advance!

Alima

bean56

Wanderer
It looks like the spells just check the cansee function from the mobile to determine if it's in range. That function involves the m_VisList.Contains which I can't find anywhere, my guess is it's in the core somewhere although i could not find it in the docs.

G

GoldDraco13

In most of the spell scripts you'll find this code:

Code:
[COLOR=Blue]public override void OnCast()
		{
			Caster.Target = new InternalTarget( this );
		}

public void Target( IPoint3D p )
		{
			if ( !Caster.CanSee( p ) )
			{
				Caster.SendLocalizedMessage( 500237 ); // Target can not be seen.
			}[/COLOR]

Under this, the code changes to check for certain events from the spellhelper.cs...which contains checks on surfaces and such...You can research this further in the spell scripts comparing how each spell uses a check to the world.map for the range of a spell. Hope this helps...I'd spend more time going threw this but no time right now... :rolleyes: