RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spell toolbars

Djeryv

Sorceror
I have made this a couple of years ago because I was tired of the default UO spell icons having to be laid out a certain way and have them accidentally close because of a wrong mouse click. This is usually caused by panic and you are trying to cure your own poison. I was also annoyed of having to redo spell icons if I played at another computer. So I made these scrolls for Mages, Necromancers, and Paladins. Just drop the scripts in your CUSTOMS folder and place them in the world however you like (I have the scribe sell them and then the merchants of the spell books sell them as well).

scroll1.jpg

If you double-click the scroll, a window opens and shows you the spell icons for that particular school of magic. Below is the mage spells. You pick the spells you like to use often and they will turn from red to green. The scroll will remember your selection.

scroll2.jpg

Once done you can press OPEN TOOLBAR to get a toolbar like the one shown below. It puts the icons in order of the spell listing. You don't have any "hover over" capabilities so you have to know what picture icons go with the spells, but this is really no big deal to a veteran player.

scroll3.jpg

If you selected to show a spell you "don't" have, it will not appear in the toolbar. You can drag the toolbar around by clicking and dragging the image of the book. It is not closeable so you cannot accidentally close it. Just single click on the icon to cast the spell.

There is one for paladins, one for necromancers, and "three" different ones for mages (called wizard, mage, and sorcerer notes) - giving a total of 5 different scrolls. There are 3 different mage ones so you can have 3 different toolbars due to the greater number of spells.

Attachments

• SpellTools.rar
    28.4 KB · Views: 203

milva

Sorceror
This looks really interesting!! If you so decide later you want to add another spell then do you need to use another deed? Would this just go into the custom folder? Thanks for sharing :)

Kraz

AssistUO Developer
Staff member
I was planning a Spell Grid built-in DGAssist, the idea is pretty much the same and it is very useful :)
Good job.

Just as a note/idea, I've seen scripts like this before and they had an "edit" mode which enable arrows on top of each spell icon and user is able to reallocate them, not sure if you already have something like that.

Djeryv

Sorceror
This looks really interesting!! If you so decide later you want to add another spell then do you need to use another deed? Would this just go into the custom folder? Thanks for sharing :)
It is not a deed. It is simply a scroll that stores the choices you make for the spell toolbar and allows you to activate the gump. If you want to add/remove spells from your toolbar, just double-click the scroll again so the menu comes up and you can change things. Each toolbar goes with each scroll type (necromancer, paladin, mage, wizard, sorcerer) so you can only have one of each active at any one time. This means if you have 2 necromancer note scrolls, you could only have one necromancer toolbar open at any one time. That is why there are 3 different mage note scrolls (mage, wizard, sorcerer) so you can have one of each of these toolbars open for a total of 3 different toolbars (since mages have 64 spells instead of the necromancers 16-17) with their own spell selections. I hope I explained this good enough as it is hard to explain unless you try it. Yes...just drop it in your customs folder and reboot the server. It has no effect on the old drag-drop spell icon system built in (might be obvious to some but I thought I would mention it anyway) and can be used in conjunction with it. If you want to add these to a vendor, just add this to their list of things they sell...

Add( new GenericBuyInfo( typeof( Tools_wizard_scroll ), 25, Utility.Random( 1,15 ), 0x14F0, 0x5B6 ) );
Add( new GenericBuyInfo( typeof( Tools_mage_scroll ), 25, Utility.Random( 1,15 ), 0x14EF, 0x5B6 ) );
Add( new GenericBuyInfo( typeof( Tools_sorcery_scroll ), 25, Utility.Random( 1,15 ), 0x14F0, 0xA2D ) );
Add( new GenericBuyInfo( typeof( Tools_necro_scroll ), 25, Utility.Random( 1,15 ), 0x14F0, 0xB85 ) );
Add( new GenericBuyInfo( typeof( Tools_paladin_scroll ), 25, Utility.Random( 1,15 ), 0x14F0, 0xB8E ) );

Just as a note/idea, I've seen scripts like this before and they had an "edit" mode which enable arrows on top of each spell icon and user is able to reallocate them, not sure if you already have something like that.
To be honest, I took this as far as I really wanted to. I wasn't going to improve/change it.

MontegroXD

Wanderer
Thanks for this! It's a cool script, I hope you don't mind but I edited it quite a bit to fit my servers needs. I made them instead of scrolls, into Books, and made them craft-able through Inscription. For instance, PaladinNotes was able to be made using a RedBook, and 8 BlackPearl and came out as a light blue version of the RedBook, and required Inscription 72.8-100 and Chivalry 64.3-82.5. Also, yes, I renamed them from Tools_mage_scroll to MageNotes. Just a bit more of a admin-friendly name in my opinion. Again, hope you don't mind, and no worries, I won't redistribute your code, just for use on my server.

Djeryv

Sorceror
Thanks for this! It's a cool script, I hope you don't mind but I edited it quite a bit to fit my servers needs. I made them instead of scrolls, into Books, and made them craft-able through Inscription. For instance, PaladinNotes was able to be made using a RedBook, and 8 BlackPearl and came out as a light blue version of the RedBook, and required Inscription 72.8-100 and Chivalry 64.3-82.5. Also, yes, I renamed them from Tools_mage_scroll to MageNotes. Just a bit more of a admin-friendly name in my opinion. Again, hope you don't mind, and no worries, I won't redistribute your code, just for use on my server.
LOL! I don't care if you set it up where you need Taste Identification on a bottle of liquor to make a statue whose tummy you then have to rub to use this. We distribute these things so you can do whatever you want with it. What I am trying to say is that you can take anything I post and hack the hell out of it (and even repost it if you think you made it better/different). It wouldn't be RunUO if you just take what you get and don't play around with it.

Macil

Sorceror
How do you 'close' a toolbar, short of restarting the client or logging out should you choose not to use it? I notice simply right clicking the bar doesn't do this. OTHER than that, this is AMAZING and I worship the ground you walk on, thank you soooooooooo much for this script!

(Not that it shouldn't be too hard to do myself, but, have you thought about making more scrolls for Ninjitsu, Bushido, and Spell Weaving?)

Djeryv

Sorceror
How do you 'close' a toolbar, short of restarting the client or logging out should you choose not to use it? I notice simply right clicking the bar doesn't do this. OTHER than that, this is AMAZING and I worship the ground you walk on, thank you soooooooooo much for this script!
It does not close on purpose so you can't accidentally do it. You would have to go into each gump file and change this line to true...

this.Closable=false;

(Not that it shouldn't be too hard to do myself, but, have you thought about making more scrolls for Ninjitsu, Bushido, and Spell Weaving?)
I don' use Spell Weaving on my server...so no. Ninjitsu and Bushido are not as simple because some of their "spells" are really "special moves" that make the icon turn red until it kicks off.

jamesreg

Sorceror
we were talking about something like this a few weeks back now if someone can do some item toolbars we good to go

milva

Sorceror
This is really nice- only thing I'm seeing which is a tad bit annoying, is with each login you have to click the deed again then ok to open the spellbar. I mean at least you don't have to pick all the spells again -just click ok.

jamesreg

Sorceror
This is really nice- only thing I'm seeing which is a tad bit annoying, is with each login you have to click the deed again then ok to open the spellbar. I mean at least you don't have to pick all the spells again -just click ok.

Im glad you said that about the re-log in thing it is the first thing I thought of myself I do think it is a cool script and visually attractive and goes with the flow of things. But yeah if it could be tweaked to remember where you had it on the screen and reopen or even just reopen when you log back in would be excellent. Or if at the least having a context menu which you can select to reopen the bar vs having to go into the spells menu then into the toolbar and shorten that process would at least make it less annoying