RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spellcrafting version 2.3

Marak

Sorceror
Id just like to give you an update - over 5 day's into it not a single problem with this system - we did modify it slighly(see posts above) but nothing major. By far one of the most usefull scripts we have installed so far, thankyour for your tireless work and attention to detail :) if only half the scripts were this easy to setup and run id have a lot less stress lol.

X

Xanthos

Hearing that people are using it and enoying it makes it worth the effort. I got involved with Spellcrafting because I really enjoy it and wanted to see it maintained.

Marak

Sorceror
Definatly worth the time and effort, our players now have something above GM to aim for now - 7 GM's give them access to spellcrafting(plus a shitload of cash), with the ability to pretty much design exactly what they want, but at an exorbarent price is reducing the overall number of items on the shard and keeping the prices nice and high - ty again :).

Trying

Sorceror
would like to say thanks for a new breath of life into the shard, I was concerned about trying to work out values, as they didn`t seem to add up even after changes, glad to see it was a small bug which has now been sorted... thanx again..

Marak

Sorceror
We found a *slight* bug, i havnt done the math on it yet , but it appears that when i spellcraft something like poison resist, it does take into account the original value. Now i would LOVE this in as ive toned it down slightly (stop the armors being uber) but they can spellcraft on anything and get the same results.

X

Xanthos

It's summer time and I have been too busy mountain biking and riding waves to fix the resist bug - the fix will be in the next release.

Marak

Sorceror
Xanthos said:
It's summer time and I have been too busy mountain biking and riding waves to fix the resist bug - the fix will be in the next release.

Lol tell me about it - ive barely touched the damn computer recently :shock:, lol no rush mate - my players havnt even noticed yet(i wouldnt say the BRIGHTEST ppl in the lands)

frank

Wanderer
im getting an error that is spellcraftbookgump.cs cs0104: <line 308, column 85> 'Slayer' is an ambiguous reference

X

Xanthos

frank said:
im getting an error that is spellcraftbookgump.cs cs0104: <line 308, column 85> 'Slayer' is an ambiguous reference
Are you compiling against the latest RUNUO sources? Have you made any changes to the spellcrafting sources or to your RUNUO sources? My guess is there is something non standard about your environment.

brainless

Wanderer
Any idea why I'm getting an error when I try to make other custom monster drop magic jewels with the simple random switch method. Guardians work perfectly, but whenever I try to make monster X to drop magic jewels it gives an error. With one of the earlier versions, I believe it was 2.2 or 2.3 I was still able to do it just fine. Here's the error RunUO gives when I try:

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 41 warnings)
 - Warning: Scripts\Custom\Misc\Stripper.cs: CS0105: (line 11, column 7) The usi
ng directive for 'Server.Misc' appeared previously in this namespace
 - Error: Scripts\Custom\AnimalsAndMonsters\Others\CamelSpider.cs: CS0246: (line
 50, column 25) The type or namespace name 'MagicJewel' could not be found (are
you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
 - Warning: Scripts\Custom\AnimalsAndMonsters\SamuraiEmpire\SEMobiles\YomotsuEld
er.cs: CS0162: (line 15, column 19) Unreachable code detected
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\@@Other Shit\-=+ Full Spellbook +=-\Full Spellbook\To
meOfKnowledge.cs: CS0162: (line 381, column 5) Unreachable code detected
meOfKnowledge.cs: CS0162: (line 388, column 5) Unreachable code detected
meOfKnowledge.cs: CS0162: (line 395, column 5) Unreachable code detected
meOfKnowledge.cs: CS0162: (line 402, column 5) Unreachable code detected
meOfKnowledge.cs: CS0162: (line 409, column 5) Unreachable code detected
meOfKnowledge.cs: CS0162: (line 416, column 5) Unreachable code detected
meOfKnowledge.cs: CS0162: (line 423, column 5) Unreachable code detected
meOfKnowledge.cs: CS0162: (line 430, column 5) Unreachable code detected
meOfKnowledge.cs: CS0162: (line 437, column 5) Unreachable code detected
meOfKnowledge.cs: CS0162: (line 444, column 5) Unreachable code detected
meOfKnowledge.cs: CS0162: (line 451, column 5) Unreachable code detected
meOfKnowledge.cs: CS0162: (line 458, column 5) Unreachable code detected
meOfKnowledge.cs: CS0162: (line 465, column 5) Unreachable code detected
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\@@Other Shit\MagicsTrainer.cs: CS0642: (line 776, col
umn 57) Possible mistaken null statement
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\@@Other Shit\MagicsTrainer.cs: CS0642: (line 782, col
umn 54) Possible mistaken null statement
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\@@Other Shit\MagicsTrainer.cs: CS0642: (line 819, col
umn 55) Possible mistaken null statement
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\@@Other Shit\MagicsTrainer.cs: CS0642: (line 825, col
umn 59) Possible mistaken null statement
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\@@Other Shit\MagicsTrainer.cs: CS0642: (line 862, col
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\@@Other Shit\MagicsTrainer.cs: CS0642: (line 868, col
umn 60) Possible mistaken null statement
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\@@Other Shit\MagicsTrainer.cs: CS0642: (line 906, col
umn 61) Possible mistaken null statement
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\@@Other Shit\MagicsTrainer.cs: CS0642: (line 912, col
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\@@Other Shit\MagicsTrainer.cs: CS0642: (line 946, col
umn 56) Possible mistaken null statement
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\@@Other Shit\MagicsTrainer.cs: CS0642: (line 952, col
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\@@Other Shit\MagicsTrainer.cs: CS0642: (line 986, col
umn 56) Possible mistaken null statement
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\@@Other Shit\MagicsTrainer.cs: CS0642: (line 992, col
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\@@Other Shit\MagicsTrainer.cs: CS0642: (line 1026, co
lumn 57) Possible mistaken null statement
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\@@Other Shit\MagicsTrainer.cs: CS0642: (line 1032, co
lumn 55) Possible mistaken null statement
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\@@Other Shit\MagicsTrainer.cs: CS0642: (line 1066, co
lumn 61) Possible mistaken null statement
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\@@Other Shit\MagicsTrainer.cs: CS0642: (line 1100, co
lumn 59) Possible mistaken null statement
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\@@Other Shit\MagicsTrainer.cs: CS0642: (line 1106, co
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\@@Other Shit\MagicsTrainer.cs: CS0642: (line 1112, co
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\Base\AS Control Center\ClassSystemOptionGump.cs: CS01
62: (line 62, column 4) Unreachable code detected
62: (line 75, column 4) Unreachable code detected
62: (line 82, column 4) Unreachable code detected
62: (line 86, column 4) Unreachable code detected
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\Base\AS Control Center\GiveBooksOptionGump.cs: CS0162
: (line 60, column 4) Unreachable code detected
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\Base\AS Control Center\GiveBooksOptionGump.cs: CS0162
: (line 72, column 4) Unreachable code detected
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\Base\AS Control Center\SkinHueOptionGump.cs: CS0162:
(line 60, column 4) Unreachable code detected
 - Warning: Scripts\Spells\Base\AS Control Center\SkinHueOptionGump.cs: CS0162:
(line 72, column 4) Unreachable code detected
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.

And just in case the script too...

Code:
using System;
using Server.Items;
using Server.Targeting;
using System.Collections;

namespace Server.Mobiles
{
	[CorpseName( "a camel spider corpse" )] 
	public class CamelSpider : BaseCreature
	{
		[Constructable]
		public CamelSpider() : base( AIType.AI_Melee, FightMode.Closest, 10, 1, 0.2, 0.4 )
		{
			Name = "a camel spider";
			Body =  0x9D;
			Hue = 1126;
			BaseSoundID = 0x388; 

SetStr( 110, 130 );
			SetDex( 96, 115 );
			SetInt( 36, 60 );

SetHits( 600, 650 );

SetDamage( 12, 20 );

SetDamageType( ResistanceType.Physical, 60 );
			SetDamageType( ResistanceType.Poison, 40 );

SetResistance( ResistanceType.Physical, 60, 70 );
			SetResistance( ResistanceType.Fire, 25, 35 );
			SetResistance( ResistanceType.Cold, 25, 35 );
			SetResistance( ResistanceType.Poison, 60, 70 );
			SetResistance( ResistanceType.Energy, 50, 60 );

SetSkill( SkillName.Anatomy, 90.3, 95.0 );
			SetSkill( SkillName.Poisoning, 70.1, 80.0 );
			SetSkill( SkillName.MagicResist, 110.1, 120.0 );
			SetSkill( SkillName.Tactics, 65.1, 80.0 );
			SetSkill( SkillName.Wrestling, 70.1, 85.0 );

Fame = 3500;
			Karma = -3500;

VirtualArmor = 240;

switch ( Utility.Random( 50 ) )
			{
			case 0: PackItem(new WiddleKnife() ); break;
			case 1: PackItem(new MagicJewel() ); break;
			}

PackGold( 400, 550 );

}		

public override FoodType FavoriteFood{ get{ return FoodType.Meat; } }
		public override Poison PoisonImmune{ get{ return Poison.Deadly; } }
		public override Poison HitPoison{ get{ return Poison.Deadly; } }

public CamelSpider( Serial serial ) : base( serial )
		{
		}

public override void Serialize( GenericWriter writer )
		{
			base.Serialize( writer );
			writer.Write( (int) 0 );
		}

public override void Deserialize( GenericReader reader )
		{
			base.Deserialize( reader );
			int version = reader.ReadInt();
		}
	}
}

If I remove the magic jewel drop chance it compiles just fine.

AdminVile

Sorceror
PHP:
switch ( Utility.Random( 50 ) )
			{
			case 0: PackItem(new WiddleKnife() ); break;
			case 1: PackItem(new MagicJewel() ); break;
			}

here is your lines adding the magic jewels

PHP:
		// Pack magic jewels and possibly SpellCraft items
			PackItem( new MagicJewel( SpellCraft.kGuardianOfTheMagicsMagicJewelSpawn ) );

if ( Utility.RandomDouble() <= SpellCraft.kGuardianOfTheMagicsBookChance )
				PackItem( new BookOfSpellCrafts() );

if ( Utility.RandomDouble() <= SpellCraft.kGuardianOfTheMagicsJewelChance )
				PackItem( SpellCraft.RandomCraft() );
		}

Here are the lines from the spell craft system that add the jewels to the guardians of magic. Look real close at the differences

brainless

Wanderer
I checked those already. I have to try to do it that way then. I'm still wondering why the other way doesn't work. After all I am able to just do [add magicjewel in game so I don't see any problem just making them drop. For some odd reason they just don't wanna drop in the old way now.. Thanks for your reply.

AdminVile

Sorceror
brainless said:
I checked those already. I have to try to do it that way then. I'm still wondering why the other way doesn't work. After all I am able to just do [add magicjewel in game so I don't see any problem just making them drop. For some odd reason they just don't wanna drop in the old way now.. Thanks for your reply.

I dont really understand it either but i did the same thing yer trying to do and it didnt work until i used this line.

PackItem( new MagicJewel( SpellCraft.kGuardianOfTheMagicsMagicJewelSpawn ) );

Then it worked fine

xxx007xxx

Sorceror
Spellcraft load config crash

Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600.0
.NET Framework: 1.1.4322.2032
Time: 2006-02-02 18:02:56
Mobiles: 2350
Items: 87785
Clients:
- Count: 0

Exception:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Une exception a été levée par la cible d'un appel. ---> System.FormatException: Le format de la chaîne d'entrée est incorrect.
at System.Number.ParseDouble(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at System.Double.Parse(String s, NumberStyles style, IFormatProvider provider)
at Xanthos.Utilities.Element.GetDoubleValue(Double& val)
at Server.SpellCrafting.SpellCraftConfig.Initialize()
--- Fin de la trace de la pile d'exception interne ---
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean isBinderDefault, Assembly caller, Boolean verifyAccess)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean verifyAccess)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at Server.ScriptCompiler.Compile(Boolean debug)
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

I got this chash when i reboot my server? Can you Help me.

Greystar

Wanderer
xxx007xxx said:
Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600.0
.NET Framework: 1.1.4322.2032
Time: 2006-02-02 18:02:56
Mobiles: 2350
Items: 87785
Clients:
- Count: 0

Exception:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Une exception a été levée par la cible d'un appel. ---> System.FormatException: Le format de la chaîne d'entrée est incorrect.
at System.Number.ParseDouble(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at System.Double.Parse(String s, NumberStyles style, IFormatProvider provider)
at Xanthos.Utilities.Element.GetDoubleValue(Double& val)
at Server.SpellCrafting.SpellCraftConfig.Initialize()
--- Fin de la trace de la pile d'exception interne ---
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean isBinderDefault, Assembly caller, Boolean verifyAccess)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean verifyAccess)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at Server.ScriptCompiler.Compile(Boolean debug)
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

I got this chash when i reboot my server? Can you Help me.

English tranlation would be good.

X

Xanthos

It so happens that I am fluent in 27 languages.:)

Did you place the SpellCraftConfig.xml in the data folder? I assume you did and that you edited the values in the file. The exception was thrown as a saftey mechanism to warn you that you have invalid data in the xml file. One of the double values you used has in incorrect format.

I suppose I could throw up a gump or something as people dont seem to understand why I throw the exception. The goal is to force you, at shard start up, to correct the problem so you dont run with bad data on your shard and have a crash later with users logged in.