RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spellcrafting version 2.3

xxx007xxx

Sorceror
More info

Originally Posted by xxx007xxx Server Crash Carryforward =================== RunUO Version 1.0.0, Build 36918 Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600.0 NET Framework: 1.1.4322.2032 Time: 2006-02-02 18:02:56 Mobiles: 2350 Items: 87785 Customers: - Count: 0 Exception: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: An exception was raised by the target of a call. ---> System.FormatException: The format of the chain of entry is incorrect. At System.Number.ParseDouble(String S, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo information) At System.Double.Parse(String S, NumberStyles style, IFormatProvider provider) At Xanthos.Utilities.Element.GetDoubleValue(Double& valley) At Server.SpellCrafting.SpellCraftConfig.Initialize() --- End of the trace of the internal pile of exception --- At System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke (Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[ ] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean isBinderDefault, Assembly caller, Boolean verifyAccess) At System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke (Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[ ] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean verifyAccess) At System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[ ] parameters, CultureInfo culture) At Server.ScriptCompiler.Compile(Boolean debug) At Server.Core.Main(String[ ] args)

Thats the google translation.
I put SpellcraftConfig.xml in the data folder.
My runuo is a fresh instalation.
the server crash after the loading of the file,maby bad data in the .xml
I got almost all good script of this forum
I do this install of Runuo , shard pack, update some script of shard pack ,put almost all good script from this forum.
Did i need this file ?
Its a runtime common language error i will try to upgrade runtime.

X

Xanthos

No this must be my bug - take the xml file out of the data directory for now and you will be fine.

whats the command for adding a gaurdian of the spellcrafts? I can add a spellcrfaft vendor but not the guy you kill to get the stuff

I tried [add gaurdianofthespellcrafts
[add gaurdian hoping to get a general search result
[keeper of the spellcrafts

sorry if this is a silly question but all I found in your text doc was [alljewels and [add jewel#

went through each post here didnt see nothin so I know Im missin somethin silly so my apologies in advance. any info would be appreciated

X

Xanthos

Ariakas772005 said:
whats the command for adding a gaurdian of the spellcrafts? I can add a spellcrfaft vendor but not the guy you kill to get the stuff

I tried [add gaurdianofthespellcrafts
[add gaurdian hoping to get a general search result
[keeper of the spellcrafts

sorry if this is a silly question but all I found in your text doc was [alljewels and [add jewel#

went through each post here didnt see nothin so I know Im missin somethin silly so my apologies in advance. any info would be appreciated

try [add GuardianOfTheMagics or simply [add guardian - you spelled guardian incorrectly.

Sure - i installed it yesterday - and today there is an update - just my luck ;)

anyways - great system - working beautifully

great job on it!!!!!

ps (added afterwards)
So the only difference then is the config parcer & shrink file in utilities then?

Greystar

Wanderer
Johabius said:
Did the download get removed?

Was just going to comment on that myself. I saw there was an update when to go back to the first page and the download was gone. Im sure Xanthos will fix it soon.

X

Xanthos

i have no idea what happened there - uploaded again to the first page.

bryant

Sorceror
i have a question

how would one go about making say selfrepair not take up a attribute slot. u can have 5 slots per item id like to make selfrepair not take up a slot

you would have to go into each of the "base items" in spellcraft.cs and change them all like the following (in read):

Code:
		private static void CheckMaxAttributes( BaseArmor armor )
		{
			int props = 0;

foreach( int i in Enum.GetValues(typeof( AosAttribute ) ) )
				if ( armor.Attributes[ (AosAttribute)i ] > 0 ) ++props;

foreach( int i in Enum.GetValues(typeof( AosArmorAttribute ) ) )
				if ( armor.ArmorAttributes[ (AosArmorAttribute)i ] > 0 ) ++props;

[COLOR="Red"]			if (armor.Attributes.SelfRepair >= 1) props = props -1;[/COLOR]

if ( props >= SpellCraftConfig.MaxPropsAllowed )
				throw new SpellCraftException( MsgNums.MaxProperties );
		}

that way if self repair is being used - it will lower down the check by one before sending the message it can't

so has to be done to baseweapon, basejewel, etc also

X

Xanthos

I should probably generalize that solution a bit. Because I think Lower Requirements falls into the same category. Its usefulness is near zero so why count it as an attribute. With OWLTR using Platinum to craft items you are guaranteed to have Lower Requirements as an attribute.

then i would just do:

Code:
			if (armor.Attributes.SelfRepair >= 1) props = props -1;
			if (armor.Attributes.LowerRequirements >= 1) props = props -1;
etc, etc, etc

Calandor2k

Wanderer
Hello I am new to this and I was looking over the updates. I noticed that in version 2.5 you corrected a total skill value of 240 for alchemy + inscription, used to figure the skill scalar down to 200 since 100 is the cap for each skill. Is this still true in version 2.9? Since Powerscrolls allow to get to 120 cap in Alchemy and Inscription for that 240 total skill value. Wouldn't that hinder the servers that are using powerscrolls? If so how would it affect the people that have 120 in both alchemy and inscription? Would it make it harder, easier or no difference between 100 and 120 to use spellcrafting?