RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sphereserver and Magichatsoftware threaten lawsuit!

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Sphereserver and Magichatsoftware threaten lawsuit!

CERTIFIED MAIL

Mr Ryan McAdams
7601 Interactive Way
Indianapolis, IN 46278

Dear Mr. McAdams:

Please be advised that this office represents MagicHat Software, LLC, the owner of the following domain names:

1. magichatsoftware.com
  2. magichatsoftware.net
  3. sphereserver.com
  4. sphereserver.net

We have been retained to address the following issues with you:

1. You have registered magichatsoftware.org and sphereserver.org and pointed both to your website;
  2. Your website reguarly makes disparaging statements about SphereServer and MagicHat Software;
  3. You have registered the magichatsoftware.org domain by representing that you own MagicHat Software;

As you may know, your actions constitute cybersquating which is punishable by a fine. Furthermore, my client can seek civil damages from your misuse of these domains and misstatements about its organization, websites and products.

If you are willing to release the domain names, my client will not pursue these issues further. However if my client is required to spedn any more money in legal fees, I have been instructed to withdraw this offer and to proceed with both civil and criminal actions in order to protects its interests and recieve the highest possible amount of monetary damages. If we do not hear from you by March 19, 2004, we will assume that you have rejected our offer. I look forward to hearing from you.

Very truly yours,

Michael T. Cody, ESQ., CPA