RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sphynx re-release

Sphynx re-release

It's not my script to start with, but I finished it off, compare with the original to see what I've added and what not.
I didn't ask cward for permission, but it's kinda granted as posted:
Anyone who wishes to is welcome to continue the project for now.
Figures these days it's been an easy change, but quite crowbar-ish, if you know what I mean.

It's for revision 187, but if you add the marked changes manually it will work with most, if not all RunUO 2.0 RC 1 revisions.

The sphynx will tell you two different fortunes and bonuses/penalties will apply accordingly for 24 hours.
Those will survive a server reboot as they are saved in the playermobile.
TODO: Choose another fortune, if the second random one is the same type as the 1st one.

Attachments

• Sphynx.zip
    49.4 KB · Views: 332

Makaar

Sorceror
I believe, if I'm not mistaken, for RC1 in the regenrates.cs instead of cappedpoints its totalpoints. I know it wouldn't compile with 'capped' but it would with 'total'....hope that helps those who were trying to get this to work with RC1.

Rayne

Wanderer
Sorry for a probably dumb question, but where do I insert the .CS's from this download? Any specific folder within the RunUO --> Scripts?

Rayne;753290 said:
Sorry for a probably dumb question, but where do I insert the .CS's from this download? Any specific folder within the RunUO --> Scripts?

The best way to manage any new scripts you find here is to open your scripts folder and make a new folder called "Custom" inside that folder you can organize your new scripts any way you like by making new folders for different types of scripts such as monster items and so on.

But the most basic explanation is that any scripts you download here can be dropped anywhere in your scripts folder and they should work.

Rayne

Wanderer
Alright thank you very much. I assumed this was the case, but I am having problems with these new scripts compiling, as why I wanted to make sure. For some reason, it just refuses to load. The only way I have made it possible to load is by skimming down the Sphynx script to just a mobile, and keeping the other .cs's out of my runuo --> scripts folder. Is this script non compatible with RunUO 1.0?

Not entirely sure what to do, as the error list is quite long, and involves multiple items.

Thanks!

Edit*
To clarify a bit more, basically every .cs in the distro folder that came with this download are causing errors. Where exactly does this "distro" folder go? Maybe this will help explain my situation better. Thanks!

datguy

Sorceror
Those files in the distro folder are files that already exist in the scripts folder with some changes in them, find the one in your scripts folder with same name & open both & copy the changes over, or if you still have original files then you can just rename your existing & copy the ones in the distro folder to their respective locations