RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[staff?

Sprouty

Wanderer
[staff?

Heya, Why not program a quick little [who menu that is programmed to specifically see users of rank greater than or equal to counselor..

I feel so lonely when I can't find if there's any staff on! :eek:

Vhaldir

Sorceror
I don't believe staff higher than or equal to your rank show up on the [who menu.. might be wrong

Anyone else have further info here?

Phantom

Knight
Vhaldir said:
I don't believe staff higher than or equal to your rank show up on the [who menu.. might be wrong

Anyone else have further info here?

Works for me, next time check...

Vhaldir

Sorceror
I did check.. quit being such an as$
nobody below the searched for subjects access level can see them.

Phantom

Knight
Vhaldir said:
I did check.. quit being such a dickhead
nobody below the searched for subjects access level can see them.

When I do the command I see both admin level and game master level.
My account was a Game Master at that time.
Be nice to me.

Vhaldir

Sorceror
Phantom said:
When I do the command I see both admin level and game master level.

Mind if I ask what your access level is when using [who ?
Trying to figure out why this is happening and how it might be resolved..

Wasn't being mean, it was a rebuttal..
You automatically assumed i hadn't checked, when all I was doing was seeking further input from other users.
Perhaps I shouldn't have gone so far as name calling.. ;)
Allow me to reiterate in a more professional manner..
Stop assuming just because I don't have the complete answer I haven't done any research.

Xenon

Wanderer
If anyone equal to or above your rank hides, you cannot see him/her on the who list. Say you were a gamemaster, if everyone was hidden, you would only see hiddne counselors and players.

If they are revealed, you can see them on the list anyways, regardless of rank.

Sprouty

Wanderer
*taps nose*

Just saying that maybe a [staff command is in order?
It would basically calculate how many people are of Counselor rank or above, and then outpour them to a list.
Not essentially any extra stuff, just an ability to see who the heck is on.

Alkiser

Administrator
No you dont see everyone, The who list is based on "cansee". Any person that you can see in the world is on the list, if your a gamemaster and another gamemaster is on, you will ONLY see him if he his not hidden. The same goes for admins and seers.

ralph

Wanderer

Yea alk thats what that guy wants changed i think, its kind of dumb if you cant see somone just because hes hidden...

Sprouty

Wanderer
Xenon said:
Maybe there's a good reason for it, maybe to keep subordinates out of the admins and seers affairs?

Well, you wouldn't need to be able to goto these people, I'm just asking for a dumpout of ALL the online users, regardless of the 'cansee' property.

David

Moderate
The point is that a higher level staff member can check up on a GM by hiding just as a GM can see what a player is doing by hiding. If there is a command to list all staff regardless of status or level, it negates that ability.

Bradley

Sorceror
Wouldn't it have just been easier to edit the script and comment out the CanSee check if you want to see everyone? I mean you guys have used up more time going back and forth over it then it would have taken to edit the script. :)