RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starting a shard

stringssl

Wanderer
i started one 11 or so years ago and have recently decided to show my kids the old game "dad" played. to make a secure environment to show them what the game was like back then. any help on this would be nice. just starting the shard is all i am looking to remember .. i can code from there.. thanks. {ip addy and port}

Almassey

Sorceror
This is about a month old and I am sure you have figured it out by now, but if not, here is your response.

Since you are in the New Join Forum, all you have to do is check out the FAQ pages above this post. The first one you should familiarize yourself with is http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/runuo-ultimate-little-guide.72822/ this will get you started on what you need to start creating your own server. Next, you should take a look in http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/basic-files-and-descriptions.58349/ to get an idea on some of the more common files people edit first. From there, just search around. Look some more in this forum, you will find a lot of older users that are returning to the game who are trying to brush up on the changes since we were last here. Then go to the Custom Script forums to see if anything tickles your fancy and looks like something you may want to add.

Hope this helps out, and good luck to you. If I actually stick to with it this time, maybe I will have something to show my kids (which has been my plan off and on for 3 yrs now).

Hi I,ve been digging around trying to set up a stand alone system that you could play offline. However I can't seem to find a straight answer I tried downloading everything. The command window fires up then sits there and listens for something. Lol. Is there any hope for my quest it was going to be a Christmas present for my grand daughter, when she goes overseas with no inet. Tx

Phantom

Knight
Hi I,ve been digging around trying to set up a stand alone system that you could play offline. However I can't seem to find a straight answer I tried downloading everything. The command window fires up then sits there and listens for something. Lol. Is there any hope for my quest it was going to be a Christmas present for my grand daughter, when she goes overseas with no inet. Tx

Please provide a screenshot. There are lots of FAQ threads I suggest reading those also.

Drusilla

Page
If this is too simple, I apologize, but maybe you haven't set your Razor client up to point at 127.0.0.1, port 2593