RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starting again after 15 years

Mika23

Sorceror
Hello,

I was tinkering on my own server back in 2006 (lots of trial and error), so quite some time ago. Last year I got a bit into C# and I thought that i might be a good opportunity to practice my new skills by implementing and adjusting scripts for my favourite game back then.
Unfortunately, after all those years the nothing is left. What would I need to get going? Which version of UO should I get and where would I get it? I remember that I had quite a few tools like Pandora and, I think, a tool to create and save custom houses, which could be imported into the game. Any help to get me going again is very appreciated. :)

RomeoV007

Sorceror
The forums are still waking up it seems, If you are still interested in getting started I'm happy to talk with you about it. Let me know if I can be of help.

The forums are still waking up it seems, If you are still interested in getting started I'm happy to talk with you about it. Let me know if I can be of help.
I recently downloaded the stable client version 2.3 r387 and everything was great . downloaded razor and installed the latest version of UO from uo.com…started it up and all was like I was never gone. Only problem as soon as I move to an area with NPC’s , the client crashes. Server stays up and running so I’m thinking the patched version I’m getting from EA is the problem, but no idea how to avoid this situation. Any ideas ?