RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starting from Scratch (again).

Niemand

Wanderer
Good day, fair Ladies and honourable Gentlemen.

Since this is the "New Join Forum", I think my Introduction fits in here. If not feel free to move it.

This is not a recruiting-thread. And no, I don't want to join your project, I dont want to host it, I dont want any responsibility over your ideas and I dont like anyone above me, telling me what to do. Even while this sounds harsh, its not meant to be, I just want to be honest and set this straight. If you like my personal project and like to join in, just tag along and help me, maybe you get into it. I am not looking to build a huge shard (yet), I just wanna learn with/about the game that keeps me addicted since around 10 years. And yes, even if I dont sound like it, I am glad for every help i can get. ;)

The rest is packed in these little, cute boxes. Feel Free to Click them. ;)

First off I gotta say I already did this (Mapping/Building) a few years back and I am doing it newly again... but obviously I can not remember anything at all.

Luckily I know how to use Photoshop and my english isnt that bad. Also luckily I own (=rented) a rootserver for other gameservers (that luckily need windows), so I got a little play-area with enough ressources for UO (8 cores with 3,4ghz and 32gb ram should be enough for what i wanna do. :D).
Sadly I got nearly no programming/scripting-experience yet (except a few lines in ActionScript and lots of lines in HTML), but since I am studying mediaprogramming (specialization in game-development), this will not be a real problem - sadly again I am in my first semester and it will take a while until I learn something useful.

But now it comes to me needing your help. The project can be describben like this: I want to make my own RP-shard as a playground, for inGame-Playing with friends (if I find some that are interested) and for gathering shard-building/programming(scripting) and administration-experience.
A few of these developments will most likely be released for the open world out there, a few I will keep for myself.

Also I sadly do not know how long I will keep this project up, since i am losing interest in my projects all the time and pick them up again a while later. I am trying to work on this personal problem but I dunno what to do, except for trying to finish a project.
To list my "ressources":
  • Root-Server
  • Monster-PC (8x4ghz, 16gb ram, ...)
  • Photoshop-Skills (and PS CS6.1)
  • Forgotten Knowledge about CentrED, RunUO, UOX, Axis/Pandora's Box, Dragon, ...
  • First-Semester Game-Dev
  • HTML+CSS-Knowledge
What I want to and will use:
  • Dragon
  • CentrED
  • RunUO 2.3
  • ??
What helpers I maybe will have:
  • 1x Me.
  • 1x Graphical-/Game-Designer (1st Semester).
  • some of You guys here (at least regarding your knowledge).
What I did yet and links to my problem-threads:

so far:
Have a nice Day!

Dian

Sorceror
Its the 'button' you posted with "Foreplay aka. -the story-" that looked out of place to me.
But, your response seems to prove me wrong. Not that my opinion really matters.

Anyways, good luck with your solo project.. thanks for sharing, I guess.

Niemand

Wanderer
Dunno if the content is out of place, but I don't think so. I just found this rather unrelated headline (name of the button) to be funny and used it. ;)