RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Static's & world freeze

SavageWolf

Wanderer
Static's & world freeze

hey guys i have a custom map and were i want to build a litle town there hapens to ba a tree in the way,
no i think to get rid of that tree i need to unfrees the map and then remove it?, but when i go to unfreeze it says my clint and runuo are using the same data files of somin along thos lines ?

got any clue on what i need to do

(any help is most welcome)

JamzeMcC

Squire
In your DataPath.cs you will see this:
Code:
/* If you have not installed Ultima Online,
		 * or wish the server to use a separate set of datafiles,
		 * change the 'CustomPath' value, example:
		 * private const string CustomPath = @"C:\Program Files\Ultima Online";
		 */
       [COLOR="Red"] private static string CustomPath = @"C:\Box";[/COLOR]
		/* The following is a list of files which a required for proper execution:
		 * Multi.idx
		 * Multi.mul
		 * VerData.mul
		 * TileData.mul
		 * Map*.mul
		 * StaIdx*.mul
		 * Statics*.mul
		 * MapDif*.mul
		 * MapDifL*.mul
		 * StaDif*.mul
		 * StaDifL*.mul
		 * StaDifI*.mul
		 */

Essentially its says you need to split your files. What I did. On the C: drive, I made a folder called Box whos path was C: Box In that folder I placed a copy of The files listed above. Except Verdata as its no longer used. Then set your datapath.cs to know where that file is located. Then you are free to freeze and unfreeze as you please

sAEder

Wanderer
Remember to manuall transfer the new statics from your DataPath directory to your UO directory or you won't see the changes. You'll have to do this every time you freeze and unfreeze.

JamzeMcC

Squire
Aye! I forgot that. You do not have to restart the server, just Close your UO, copy the files in C:\Box and replace the ones in your UO file with them. Start UO again and your good!

sAEder

Wanderer
They are not removed. They are "frozen" into the statics. Removed from server, but added to the client files. To see the changes you have to copy the static and staidx mul files of the map you have frozen items on to your UO client directory. If you want players to see the changes, they need the files, too.Did you read the last two posts before yours?