RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuck on "character list"

creiss

Wanderer
Stuck on "character list"

Cheerio!

First off, I searched the forum, but most other folks who had the same problem and solved it. But those folks simply said "solved, nvm", or the likes.

So I am running this on FreeBSD (current release, compiled for mono). Which runs smoothy. Boots up, completes script compilation etc. Oh, I also edited the serverlist file with my current IP ad, name and auto off. Opened TCP port 2593 on the server.

On the client side I am running the "trial client" that is currently on the official homepage, unpatched. 7.0.3 or so. Cant say, not at home at the moment. I am using connect UO 2.0, added my server and could connect. I see the server list with my edited name, click on it.

The console says

Code:
Listening: 127.0.0.1:2593
Client: 217.191.236.4: Connected. [1 Online]
Login: 217.191.236.4: Valid credentials for 'creiss'
Client: 217.191.236.4: Connected. [2 Online]
Client: 217.191.236.4: Disconnected. [1 Online] [creiss]

The client is stuck at Connecting...

Any idea would be very greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

-Chris

Kons.snoK

Sorceror
creiss;825233 said:
Cheerio!

First off, I searched the forum, but most other folks who had the same problem and solved it. But those folks simply said "solved, nvm", or the likes.

So I am running this on FreeBSD (current release, compiled for mono). Which runs smoothy. Boots up, completes script compilation etc. Oh, I also edited the serverlist file with my current IP ad, name and auto off. Opened TCP port 2593 on the server.

On the client side I am running the "trial client" that is currently on the official homepage, unpatched. 7.0.3 or so. Cant say, not at home at the moment. I am using connect UO 2.0, added my server and could connect. I see the server list with my edited name, click on it.

The console says

Code:
Client: 217.191.236.4: Connected. [1 Online]
Login: 217.191.236.4: Valid credentials for 'creiss'
Client: 217.191.236.4: Connected. [2 Online]
Client: 217.191.236.4: Disconnected. [1 Online] [creiss]

The client is stuck at Connecting...

Any idea would be very greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

-Chris

be sure your B9 packet is 5bytes length and not 3

creiss

Wanderer
Let's assume, theoretically, that I have not the faintest idea what a B9 packet is, how I would go about measuring the length of said package...

I assume its a server problem then that a mere mortal can fix?
Or client side? Or... :)

And if the B9 packet is cool I could always go modify the C12 packet. ;)

-Chris

Kons.snoK

Sorceror
If you are using a version of RunUO newer than SVN 400 ( RunUO 2.0 Rel ) you should have no problems with B9 packet.
Instead if you are using RC2, RC1 or any other version the problem is there (Packets.cs into Network folder).

Try logging with a client older than 6.0.14 ( not sure )

PS: Starting a server requires that you know at least what are you dealing with ;)

creiss

Wanderer
Thanks for your human-readable reply :)
First off, I am a system engineer on UNIX for well over 15 years now, managing several systems. The thing I learned it that no matter how much experience a person has, there is always a field where said person has no knowledge about. For the this would be the ultima online server system that I did not write ;)

Anyway.
I downloaded the file that was available here:
http://www.runuo.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=14

Unfortunatly it doesn't say which SVN release this is.

-Chris

creiss

Wanderer
Geesh,

so I did a svn checkout and compiled the source against it. Cleaned the Script-output directory. Current state: New binary, new Data Folder, new Scripts folder. Edited the server-script again to reflect my system settings.

Doing a mono runuo.exe now results in...

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.1, Build 3671.26638
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Core: Optimizing for 2 64-bit processors
Core: Unix environment detected
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...ScriptCompiler: : Thread 801402560 has exited with leftover thread-specific data after 4 destructor iterations
done (0 errors, 0 warnings)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Going there, one script at a time :)
Thanks for your continued support!
-Chris

Kons.snoK

Sorceror
I have no idea about the error ;)

I'm on mono and this is how i always made it :
Download SVN from runuo - Revision 497: /devel
Create 2 sh files:
-First:
Code:
gmcs -optimize -unsafe -t:exe -out:/home/RunUO.exe -win32icon:runuo.ico -d:MONO -r:System.Drawing -r:System.Windows.Forms -reference:Ultima.dll -reference:mysql.data.dll -recurse:*.cs
Probably you won't need some of theese "-r:System.Drawing -r:System.Windows.Forms -reference:Ultima.dll -reference:mysql.data.dll"

Second:
Code:
mono RunUO.exe &
(not so difficult :lol: )

Now we can compile and run the server, BUT: mono does not know zlib is zlib32, so
add a RunUO.exe.config with following content:
Code:
<configuration>
	<dllmap dll="libz" target="//usr/lib/libz.so.1.2.3.3" />
</configuration>
use mono -V , locate libz to find your path ..

I don't care about system engineering, what i meant was "remember to take a look at the code your putting on!" ;)

creiss

Wanderer
I *just* wanted to reply.
After tedious debugging with varios vodoo magic, tweaking of mono (recompiling mono), redownloading the source, recompiling and resetting all scripts, deleting world (etc) it seems to work.

Even without the zlib thing, but I'll add that anyway.

Thank you for your graceous help!
-Chris

Kons.snoK

Sorceror
creiss;825369 said:
I *just* wanted to reply.
After tedious debugging with varios vodoo magic, tweaking of mono (recompiling mono), redownloading the source, recompiling and resetting all scripts, deleting world (etc) it seems to work.

Even without the zlib thing, but I'll add that anyway.

Thank you for your graceous help!
-Chris

no, ok, the zlib thing MUST be done.. you will notice the lack of the .config file as soon as you will try to get a Gump opened, Server will crash asking for zlib :)