RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stupid Poem I Got ...

Enlightenment

Malaperth said:
Well, I know a little bit about a lot of religions. I have only found one I find totally ludicrous (most I just find bizarre). That one is Jehova's Witnesses. Supposedly only about 700K of Jehova's Witnesses are going to Heaven. What happens if some sweet little old lady that never did any harm to anything in her life is number 700,001??? I keep asking the ones that come to my door that question, and even the head of a local JW church had no answer...
All religions are a waste of time. The universe and all of existance is unfathomable. The human mind isn't capable of having a heightened understanding of what a god/gods is and how he/she/it functions. It is better to live life in a manner that is more right than wrong. Notice I didn't say good/evil because good and evil is normally tagged onto something higher that makes us do things we should or shouldn't. We often blame god on our good commings and our bad choices on evil or satan. We need to take responsibility for our own actions. Kindness, love and laughter is the only memory worth taking when we die. And we don't need a mat facing east or a temple down the road to make that happen. I'd rather be a man with no boundries and make my world the temple.

To achieve peace is to eliminate the crappy ignorant details of what god is. The fact that man thinks he knows those details is abserd.