RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion from other post

Kardall

Wanderer
Suggestion from other post

this is a pointer to a misplaced post in another forum:
http://www.runuo.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=317

Anyway, the overal topic is: running RunUO Offline.
Here are some of my suggestions...
1) Command Line Parameter Switches
[code:1]
runuo.exe -localonly
runuo.exe -noweb
[/code:1]

The last one is due to DoS attacks. If RunUO is anything like other MS products and online apps, it is most likely susceptable to DoS attacks. This would allow us to disable the web side of it.

-localonly:
this is for those of us with Dialup and don't want to login all the time. It would skip the "assumedly" IP check routines.

I'll post other ideas in a diff. post

R

Rainman

Even though I can't see the complete purpose of -localonly it sounds like a good idea :)

K

Krazy_zack

Even though I can't see the complete purpose of -localonly it sounds like a good idea :)

Lots of my scriptors for my Sphere server are on dialup and often test the scripts they make "locally" before submitting them to me...

With this type of command it would make it possable for a RunUO scriptor to do the same thing... (you don't have to shut down a sphere server to add a new script like you do in RunUO)