RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Client?

I'm sure I found this a couple days back, but I just looked through like all forums and can't seem to find a download-link for the Sallos client; I've heard it's basically a must to get?

Right, erhm.. So I found the client, but there doesn't seem to be any guide on how to get it running (patches, login, etc?) Anyone who can refer me?

Cheers. Was just testing a few different things out now, hardly made it to the game before the client started spassing out, 'cause I set fullscreen. Lots of new things from the good ol' client :) A lot I need to get used to, but first of all I need to figure out how I change it back to not-fullscreen, without it crashing and acting up like a spoiled brat. It's obvious enough how to change it, but the problem is, the client crashes itself and "forgets" that I didn't want it in fullscreen.

And if I start the client, it'll run fullscreen aswell, which it for some unknown reason isn't even capable of. Hope the scripting gets a bit better along the way, cause so far.. so bad :/

WarEagle

Page
Man, I wish I could help you on that one, but I have NO idea lol.

Might be worth it just to re-dl it and start fresh. If you got so far as to set up macros and stuff, you could save those so you didn't have to redo them. All you would be out would be the time it takes to install and patch up.

Did exactly that, but I guess it's still somewhere in the registry to run fullscreen. At least it didn't stop it from doing the exact same thing after re-installation. I saw last updates were like 2 years ago, does this Sallos-thing even have compatability with Win7? It doesn't seem a lot like it so far.

WarEagle

Page
Yea, it's an unfinished product but is as finished as it's gonna get.

It does work on Win7. Try deleting the Sallos folder in appdata to force it to generate a new config file when you reinstall it.

I'll try and give it a shot. But patience is wearing a little thin, with so many problems this early. - I'll give it a couple more goes, and if I consistently bang my head into walls, I reckon the old 2d client will suffice ;)

What -is- so good about the Sallos client anyway? I didn't have much time to check it out, except some weird boxes around the "game-window" and a strange options-menu.

Thanks for the answers, btw - it's much appreciated.

WarEagle

Page
Its fickle for sure, whether its worth it or not is up to you. I use it because I like the way it looks and the way it handles snooped bags for my thief. I don't know that I really take advantage of all the plusses it offers.

Honestly, I don't group pvp which is where I believe its strength lies. There are tons of threads on the subject and you may just want to poke around. I don't have a good enough understanding to really break them both down for you fully (at least, I assume that I don't know much) and I'm not biased enough to try to sell you on either of them.

If its a too much a pain, just drop it. You can't miss something you've never experienced :).