RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The In-game Economics of Ultima Online

_Epila_

Sorceror
The original post can be found here.
This is an interesting document about Economics of UO, etc, everybody that works with UO Servers should know at least about the existence of this document

Avatar (from spherecommunity) said:
If you guys want to take care of a good ultima online server, here there is detailed document one should know about ultima online.

I donot know whether it was posted before but i searched on the forum and did not see the similar post, maybe i'm wrong. Therefore i'm posting. This document will open up one's horizon who wants to keep server economy under control.

http://www.mine-control.com/zack/uoecon/uoecon.html

siran

Sorceror
Very interesting article.
The addition of the trash barrel for homes helped some to reduce hoarding, but there is no reward or necessity for using it. I have always thought it should be combined with house maintenance (tax). Instead of a house being refreshed by being visited, it would be "refreshed" by items thrown away in the trash barrel. Essentially anything would pay down the house maintenance fee; cheap trash would pay it down a little, valuable things would pay it down a lot. Gives you something to do with all those unsellable shirts, too!