RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Krrios client

stevedub

Wanderer
The Krrios client

Ok, I'm kinda slow when it comes to this kind of stuff, but if some kind soul could guide me step by step, as to what I need to do to get this client to work, I would much appriciate it. If you could just start strait from the start and work your way up, if its too much trouble, don't worry about it, because I'm sure I can magange :)

JohnDoe

Wanderer
stevedub said:
Ok, I'm kinda slow when it comes to this kind of stuff, but if some kind soul could guide me step by step, as to what I need to do to get this client to work, I would much appriciate it. If you could just start strait from the start and work your way up, if its too much trouble, don't worry about it, because I'm sure I can magange :)

I second this motion.

stormwolff

Knight
All of this info could be found already in this forum. I don't see why krrios has to include it with every release but here goes:

You need

Ultima Online
the krrios client
directx9 http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.aspx
the directx9 managed libraries http://www.runuo.com/krrios/mdxredist.msi
a decent graphics card

Install uo
Install directx9
install the managed libraries

You can download and unzip the krrios client to anywhere you want. It will work on your desktop, in your c:\ drive, in your uo directory, etc.....

Use the client config that comes with the krrios client to configure it for your setup. After that run it and see if you get any errors. It should give you a debug or error file if it does. Read what the errors say if you get some and fix em. If you are error free you should be good to run it.

Who

Wanderer
I always get this error:
Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
Process id=0xff7aabb (-546117), Thread id=0xfff504e3 (-704285).

Click OK to termianted the application
Click CANCEL to debug application

:<

Toadsoap

Wanderer
Who said:
I always get this error:
Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
Process id=0xff7aabb (-546117), Thread id=0xfff504e3 (-704285).

Click OK to termianted the application
Click CANCEL to debug application

:<

Same here, i have DX9c installed as well as .net 1.1 as well as managed files.

midniterider

Wanderer
I get this error:

Process id = 0x7e8 (2024), Thread id=0x210 (528)

I have followed instructions above but still no joy :(

Will post my debug log:

Entered Main()
Environment..
Operating System = 'Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600.0'
.NET Framework = '1.1.4322.573'
Base Directory = 'C:\Documents and Settings\Brian\Desktop\kuoc_beta12_r1\Krrios' Client\Beta 12 Release 1'
Data Directory = 'C:\Program Files\Ultima Online 2D'
Done
Setting up interop communications...done
Initializing Strings...done
Benchmarks: low resolution
Main()..
Config: Bad name (Name=ExtendProtocol; Value=False)
Initializing Display...done
Initializing DirectX..
Unhandled exception
Object -> Name: Client.exe
There are no context policies.

Error Code -> -2146232832
Error String -> Unknown
Type -> Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.NotAvailableException
Message -> Error in the application.
Source -> Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D
Target -> Void .ctor(Int32, Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.DeviceType, System.Windows.Forms.Control, Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.CreateFlags, Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.PresentParameters)
Inner ->
Stack ->
at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device..ctor(Int32 adapter, DeviceType deviceType, Control renderWindow, CreateFlags behaviorFlags, PresentParameters presentationParameters)
at Client.Engine.InitDX()
at Client.Engine.Main(String[] Args)

any help appreciated :)

Tylius

Sorceror
Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.NotAvailableException

I'm not sure, but I believe that you don't have the Managed DirectX library installed? You have to use DirectX 9.0B, not C, for the managed directx, or you will get another error.

There's a link around here somewhere, let me try and find it for you

Edit: Got it! Here you go: http://www.runuo.com/krrios/mdxredist.msi

Beyond that, all that else is required is an actual game client, .NET 1.1

Enjoy ;) (If that fixes it, if not, come on back ;))

Edit Again: Bah, I should've read your post fully, you say that you've already done all of the above? Hmm... Are you sure that it's the managed directx from this site, and not the latest?

I'm not sure why it would be saying it's not found then... Or I've just got no idea what that error is actually saying