RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The original Shrink System & Everything related

L

Link_of_Hyrule

can you make it so pet's don't decay and so thier spawnable shrunken?

Rift

Wanderer
hmmmm on shard I am on use the shrink system before it was like couple versions old and recently updated to the newest version and it is giving alot of pet is lost forever statements matter of fact I tried unshrinking 4 pets in a row that was locked down in my home and I lost every single one.........yes the pets were shrunk with the newest version..........but what I'm wondering is our shard uses neruns distro for spawning and wonder if it suffers from same bug as megaspawner? Just to try get to bottom of this what would be some reasons a shrunk pet might lose its link? Just wanting to make sure its nothing on server side.
And correct me if I'm wrong from what I gathered how it works is this.....it creates an item links it to the pet and newest version retain info like bonded or not and bonding time then it sends the pet to internal map much like stabling does.......newest version marks pets as stabled so internal map cleaners will ignore them though we haven't cleaned our internal map recently...then on double clicking the stattuette it brings the pet out of internal and sets the saved properties and if not old owner suppose set the control master to person who dbl clicked the item....
Also another bit of info the pets I lost were shrunk by someone else given to me and I locked them down at the time in my house. And tried unshrinking them

ASayre

RunUO Developer
Rift said:
hmmmm on shard I am on use the shrink system before it was like couple versions old and recently updated to the newest version and it is giving alot of pet is lost forever statements matter of fact I tried unshrinking 4 pets in a row that was locked down in my home and I lost every single one.........yes the pets were shrunk with the newest version..........but what I'm wondering is our shard uses neruns distro for spawning and wonder if it suffers from same bug as megaspawner? Just to try get to bottom of this what would be some reasons a shrunk pet might lose its link? Just wanting to make sure its nothing on server side.
And correct me if I'm wrong from what I gathered how it works is this.....it creates an item links it to the pet and newest version retain info like bonded or not and bonding time then it sends the pet to internal map much like stabling does.......newest version marks pets as stabled so internal map cleaners will ignore them though we haven't cleaned our internal map recently...then on double clicking the stattuette it brings the pet out of internal and sets the saved properties and if not old owner suppose set the control master to person who dbl clicked the item....
Also another bit of info the pets I lost were shrunk by someone else given to me and I locked them down at the time in my house. And tried unshrinking them

Yes, it's from using older versions of Mega spawner/This. Those lose pets cannot be recovered, but anyt future shrunk pets will be fine,

Rift

Wanderer
Rift said:
I tried unshrinking 4 pets in a row that was locked down in my home and I lost every single one.........yes the pets were shrunk with the newest version..........but what I'm wondering is our shard uses neruns distro for spawning and wonder if it suffers from same bug as megaspawner?

Not sure if you read that right It was with the new shrink system the pets were shrunk with and still lost them all and its shard wide.........would updating to megaspawner help? And all the old items were deleted with the new version as they didn't serialize/deserialize right so its all the new system now.

ASayre

RunUO Developer
Rift said:
Not sure if you read that right It was with the new shrink system the pets were shrunk with and still lost them all and its shard wide.........would updating to megaspawner help? And all the old items were deleted with the new version as they didn't serialize/deserialize right so its all the new system now.

Yes, that's what I said, it was from using an old Version of Mega Spawner.