RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Patcher's Little Helper

Thilgon

Sorceror
The Patcher's Little Helper

This is not a custom script, but a small, useful document i made comparing the client's file, updated to the last client patch.

So, what is this?
The Patcher's Little Helper (aka the P.H.L.) is a document that will come useful if you haven't done something like it before.
It simply says, for every anim slot, if it is full or empty (following OSI standard, of course), and signals if you have to modify the MobTypes to match your type.

It is nothing fancy: just a .pdf that can tell you if the anim id you want to use is free, or will need more work to use it.

Enjoy :)

12/01/10: Updated to include all anims till 7.0.4.2 client version
Now all new, it tells you what's inside each slot :p well, only animals and monster right now, i got lazy :p

UPDATE:
Added a rar file containing PLH - 7 0 4 2.ods (open office excel format), to make your planning before patching ;)

Attachments

• PLH - 7 0 4 2.pdf
    118.4 KB · Views: 245
  • PLH - 7 0 4 2.rar
    37.9 KB · Views: 115

Thilgon

Sorceror
Update, made it all new and shiny :p

I know, it's nothing big, but can be really helpful...
I remade it because i recently toyed a lot with the client, mostly on anims and gumps, so it was a worthy effort...

For the curious, now my anims and gumps are so messed up i couldn't explain someone else what i did... Basically, i removed all monsters from the "equipment" P area, and pointed them to the H and L areas, also removing most of the body.def lines.
So, at this moment, i have more than 200 free anim slots for just equipments, that will be used to patch tons of custom equip gumps in later, just using body.def and bodyconv.def and adding nothing at all to the files...

This (i mean, the last part) is an easy method to patch gumps-only improvements :)

Oh yeah, i also made it so you can see what monster is in wich slot... No equips, since i'm a lazy guy :p

Enjoy ;)

Thilgon

Sorceror
Blackheart87;824442 said:
Thank you a lot!

Edit: Have you an Editable file with this info? Like an Excel document! Please!

Sure, but in Open Office format... (so you don't need to use your hacked microsoft office for this too :p)

Edit: it appears that .ods files can't be uploaded here, i'm raring it up now :p