RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Perfect Solution [Visual Studio 2008]

Jer

Wanderer
Great tutorial!

An option not to get any build errors is to keep the Program.cs and do something like this ...
Code:
using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;

namespace J_RunUO
{
    class Program
    {
        static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            System.Console.WriteLine("Everything compliled correctly. Oh yea!!");
            System.Console.WriteLine("\nPress any key to close.");
            Console.ReadKey();

}
    }
}

ThatDudeJBob

Sorceror
Great tutorial!

An option not to get any build errors is to keep the Program.cs and do something like this ...
Code:
using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;

namespace J_RunUO
{
    class Program
    {
        static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            System.Console.WriteLine("Everything compliled correctly. Oh yea!!");
            System.Console.WriteLine("\nPress any key to close.");
            Console.ReadKey();

}
    }
}

Does this method actually work?

Vorspire

Knight
I should probably write an up-to-date tutorial on how to set up a full project that includes the core and scripts together.
However, those who are reading this tutorial now may skip this entire process and simply download RushUO! <Link in Sig>

ThatDudeJBob

Sorceror
I'm looking into RushUO right now, but I'm still very interested in Visual Studio.
Would be greatly appreciated if you could do an updated tutorial. The first one was pretty simple to follow.

ThatDudeJBob

Sorceror
Can someone post up a RunUO.sln (for RushUO), for Visual Studio 2010?
My computer wouldn't install the 2012 version, could only get 2010 to work.

Vorspire

Knight
Can someone post up a RunUO.sln (for RushUO), for Visual Studio 2010?
My computer wouldn't install the 2012 version, could only get 2010 to work.

That won't be feasible, VS 2010 only supports up to .NET 3.5 (IIRC), RushUO targets .NET 4.0 (so does Vita-Nex: Core) and therefore requires minimum VS 2011.

RushUO will also be updated to mirror RunUO 2.5 standard, which also requires .NET 4.0 as it is no longer optional.

What issues did you have installing 2012?
Was it Express or Ultimate?
Do you have the .NET Framework 4.0 libraries installed on the computer you tried to install VS 2012 on?

UO_Talon

Sorceror
I have mine all setup but I have a yellow explanation mark next to "RunUO"

I also have 35345 Errors and 1 warning.

Attachments

• errors.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 4

m309

Squire
It means you're missing the entire folder of core files that every other file, class, method, etc derives from. Whatever steps you followed were incorrect.