RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"The selected profile could not be loaded, using default instead."

quincy_shear

Wanderer

I'm trying to run razor with my old shard. I came back after four years and it's not working now. I get the error,

I point the "Load Client" directly to my client.

I leave the first box under it checked and the second unchecked.

UO DATA directory I put my directory path (some times I run off of a jump drive if I'm at work).

Server is the right server and the port is right too.

So I click ok, a dialog box gives me that error, I click ok for that then I get "Razor has stopped working".

I'm running 64bit Windows 7.

I know the server and port are right, the creater of the server has made one full download of UO and all of the shard files. You download that and you just run the Client as the login.cfg is already edited with the server adn the path. UO works fine this way, but I want razor again :(

I didn't see anything in the forum rules about posting the shard. It's a POL shard, Crystalgate. The patch is 6.0.1.3 (patch 72). I haven't tried patching it farther because the guy that posted it said it won't work with higher patches. Or "It will work at its best".

I might add that UO still opens after Windows 7 says "Razor has stopped working" and I can log in fine. Razor just closes though.

quincy_shear

Wanderer
Sorry. I reinstalled .net 1.1 and the old version of Razor. I still got the same error with the default profile, but it works.

Edit* Eh, I wanted this for the buying agent and it's not working :(

Jeff

Lord
Razor requires .Net 2.0, not 1.1...
You need to run as Adminsitrator. Right click the Razor Icon and select "Run as Administrator".

quincy_shear

Wanderer
.net 2.0 isn't supported on 64bit. Is there anything else I can do? Besides a virtual x32 :p

Thanks for the reply!

Edit*

I reinstalled the latest one anyway, to try and run as the admin. Still gave me "Razor has stopped working" or whatever. I'm going to install the old one again and try that as admin.
Nah, didn't work

zaldeskull

Sorceror
quincy_shear;864956 said:
.net 2.0 isn't supported on 64bit. Is there anything else I can do? Besides a virtual x32 :p

Thanks for the reply!

Edit*

I reinstalled the latest one anyway, to try and run as the admin. Still gave me "Razor has stopped working" or whatever. I'm going to install the old one again and try that as admin.
Nah, didn't work

you need to have razor and uo client.exe tagged as "run as administrator" you dont need to install .net 2.0. razor needs .net framework. windows 7 comes stock with .net framework3.5.

http://www.runuo.com/razor/download.php

"Razor requires Microsoft's .NET Framework in order to run. You can download it at Microsoft.com or though Microsoft's Windows Update website."

http://www.runuo.com/forums/razor-c...ant/20912-get-net-framework-needed-razor.html

quincy_shear

Wanderer
Well I have .net framework and the new version of razor. The first box I just left default, the second box I put the path in, and I have the server and port right. I also set both programs to open as administrator.

It opened! Razor opened and UO opened! Only problem is now I'm stuck at verifying account...

Remember, I did get the old version of Razor to work with .net 1.1. The only thing that didn't work was the "Buy" agent. That's the only thing I really wanted it for. This makes me think it's just my shard..

Reinstalling .net framework 3.5** Agan, on Windows 7 enterprise x64.
Didn't let me do it. I had to go to "Turn windows features on or off". I checked the boxes under .net framework to turn them on... Didn't work.

Reinstalling the old one
Woah, I get a big error.

"System Argument Exception: The output char buffer is too small to contain the decoded characters..." and much much more.

:( Sorry to cause you guys so much trouble

Jeff

Lord
Chances are you are stuck at verifying account because the server you are connecting to doesn't support the latest client, and thats probably what you are using...