RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The speed of walking?

S

Silver Ghost

The speed of walking?

Do you think it will be possible to make it so that players could walk with different speed? I believe it might be a client restriction, but anyway...
?

A

AlejandroX

It would be cool to have a spell that slows down your running speed rather than freeze you, where you don't have a chance.

S

Silver Ghost

Well yeah. Like in Diablo 2 you could have charms which u put in ur backpack and u run +% faster...

Well what about horses? Do they run exactly 2 times faster than unmounted? I believe if the running speed is client restriction, it could still be emulated by scripts...

K

Krazy_zack

Animal speed is based on dex...

Don't quote me on this with mounts though...

Two Wolves

Knight
I am a player on a shard that uses runUO. It is a pvp shard and mounts are not allowd because it is unbalancing for high ping players. All my friends are RPers and want to have ridable horses. I am looking for advice to suggest to my admins for how to make mounts balanced or useless for pvp.

Either slow mounts to walk speed, without lagging the server or needing the players to download a client patch
or
having mounted players dismount when they attack or get attacked.

I am interested in the comment about animal speed being based on Dex.

Thoughts?

Cheers! ~Two Wolves

hollysong

Wanderer
No guys animal speed not by dex this have script and you can change the speed of npcs via active speed/ passive speed of the props menu.

One time i find a thing in scripts like "player speeds when unmounted 2 tile per second when mounted 4 tiles per seccond" (i havent got scripts now i am in office). i will find it and tell you .. i think we can change the movement speeds of players but i am not sure when i arrived home i search in the scripts at finishing search i will sure....