RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This should be fun

Jeff

Lord
This should be fun

I would like to put together a small team of developers/artist to make some fun simple easy games. So if you are interested, pm me, or drop by #xna in the runuo irc amd we can talk about it.

Kitchen_

Sorceror
Jeff;770536 said:
I would like to put together a small team of developers/artist to make some fun simple easy games. So if you are interested, pm me, or drop by #xna in the runuo irc amd we can talk about it.

Well I tried to ask a few questions and I was banned. What I wanted to know if the games created would be released on xbox live.

Jeff

Lord
Kitchen_;770561 said:
Well I tried to ask a few questions and I was banned. What I wanted to know if the games created would be released on xbox live.

I don't want your help you are a cunt.

mitty

Sorceror
I have a lot of good ideas/Motivation...

Jeff I'm an intermediate type scripter getting a pretty good grasp on things as far as skill level. (Pale in comparison to you, lol), But am very motivated and organized, have a massive imagination, and a lot of kidds!! :D I like to create and see work in progress and finally being utilized for use by many. Guess I,m done raving about self/credentials. Also have had running shard for about 2 yrs. ;) I will go to runuo irc and sign up, (heard about the whole thing in a thread here) sounds like a blast.

PerfectWing

Wanderer
Not quite what you're looking for here, but I want to learn a lot more about non-RunUO (or UO period) programming. The desire that was the underlying reason for my request for some kind of non-UO oreinted forum that revolved around rewriting the core to work outside of the UO universe in the Announcement of the Starbucks closing thread.

I don't have a problem when it comes to working with RunUO and writing scripts, and it's greatly improved my regular programming, but it's left me with a sort of shell revolving around RunUO technique. That's fine and dandy and all, but when you view the public scripting side vs the core side, it's almost a whole new ball game. And I really want to learn from whatever you and your posse decide to create.

So, I agree, it should be fun. I'm not time-permitted to commit to any such projects and I'd hate to be an obstacle rather than a contributer to any such team, so I don't think it's wise I should join, despite the ridiculous enthusiasm I would have to help out when and where I can, and learn from where I can't! So, I think I'm going to grab me a IRC client of some sort (Any grand recommendations? AcidMAX? BitchX? mIRC?) and listen in on my afternoons home from work. I will also participate as much as my time permits in any forum discussion you guys have; whether it be answering questions or being "that really positive guy posting on the forums", I'll chip in where I can.

I wish your new ragtag team of programmers the best of luck!

PerfectWing

Wanderer
I never see any XNA discussions, I guess I'll take the initiative to start trying some stuff here and there and rather than rack my brain with MSDN Library stuff and let you guys flexo your brain muscles in my direction.

PerfectWing

Wanderer
Oh, yeah, should clear that up. I don't see any in #xna. Not to say it probably doesn't go on at all, I just never catch any. -weeps-

But, like I said I'll start some soon myself, cause there's a lot of programming stuff I just don't understand.