RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts of suicide...

Have you even contemplated suicide?

• Yes I have...

Votes: 59 65.6%
  • Never have even contemplated it...

Votes: 31 34.4%

• Total voters
Thoughts of suicide...

Good evening all:

I have been having a very difficult time in my life the last three months. Now don't get me wrong, I’m not suicidal, and to be frank probably never will be ( at least one hopes not ). I will however admit to having suicidal thoughts. Although I know I would never give in to my contemplations of suicide I am willing to admit at the harder times of my life I have definitely thought about the concept. By this I don't mean what it would be like to bleed myself out or anything dramatic, but simple the realization of what the benefits verses the cons of taking ones life. Does the fact I've thought about this scare me... frankly yes it does. As I said before this is in NO way a rationality of committing suicide due to other peoples responses, its more just a question of curiosity.

I am asking how many people in this community have honestly at one point in their life questioned the concept of suicide... I don't mean planned it out, found reason, rationalized it, or anything that would lead to the actual act. I am only asking how many people here have found themselves asking "God would life be easier if I just didn’t need to face it?".

I know I have asked this question myself several times without ever once actually feeling inclined to act apon it. My question is how many people have found themselves asking this question, whether or not they are truly interested in taking action.

I ask because lately in life I find myself asking this more often which has me frightened. Every time I ask it, it always results in the same answer... “God that could never happen, Life is fixable, no conflict is worth such a permanent solution." yet with enough time and the right situation I find the question popping up again. I really question if I will stop seeing this as a fictional question and start thinking of it as a solution.

I know this is a dark subject, one that frankly I don't want to bring up. But frankly I am curious how many people have casually had this concept come up in their mind. Is this something that is common or should I seriously be distressed about this.

I really appreciate any replies on this subject as it's something that has been bothering me for a long period of time. I apologize to all who find this type of thread distasteful or unnerving. :(

AodhanW

Wanderer
vermillion2083;703851 said:
Does the fact I've thought about this scare me... frankly yes it does. As I said before this is in NO way a rationality of committing suicide due to other peoples responses, its more just a question of curiosity.

Ok mate.. Yes, I have had thoughts of suicide, detailed ones including the method by which I'd carry it out.

But I have never once been serious about it, at all. There was almost a strange comfort in contemplating it, but certainly no overt desire to DO it.

There comes a time for many of us when its easier to think of a way out, than to deal with what life is throwing you.

As long as you think of the way out, and then shake your head and laugh darkly at it, pick yourself up, and keep going. You're fine.

If you catch yourself BUYING THE RAZORBLADE to slit your wrist.. Call the helpline. But up until you're taking steps to do it, fret not.

Dont call help line. If you want to kill yourself that badly, kill yourself. Dont stop yourself from doing something if its what you really want.

AodhanW

Wanderer
Anti-Basic;703858 said:
Dont call help line. If you want to kill yourself that badly, kill yourself. Dont stop yourself from doing something if its what you really want.

I seriously hope you don't think you're being funny. This isn't exactly an unimportant topic, and you're treating it far too lightly.

Bleach

Knight
AodhanW;703860 said:
I seriously hope you don't think you're being funny. This isn't exactly an unimportant topic, and you're treating it far too lightly.

Nobody cares about what you hope for.
Secondly, this is Starbucks, not a suicide help forum - and vermillion clearly asked for others opinion - so who the fuck are you to tell Anti-Basic how to treat this thread?

If anything that I've said upsets you, then stop coming here. Plain and simple.

sirvent36

Wanderer
If it is to be, I suppose you could kill yourself if you want. Could someone tell me how to start my own 'posts'? I promise it won't be about conteplating suicide or somethin. Or are they called threads? This is the first post I've ever replied to. Nice eh?

Bleach

Knight
sirvent36;703870 said:
If it is to be, I suppose you could kill yourself if you want. Could someone tell me how to start my own 'posts'? I promise it won't be about conteplating suicide or somethin.

First post in a random thread in starbucks? Odd.

AodhanW

Wanderer
Bleach;703861 said:
Nobody cares about what you hope for.
Secondly, this is Starbucks, not a suicide help forum - and vermillion clearly asked for others opinion - so who the fuck are you to tell Anti-Basic how to treat this thread?

If anything that I've said upsets you, then stop coming here. Plain and simple.

I'm Aodhan asshole, and don't think your anti-social behaviour is going to have the desired result. I've never been afraid to state my opinion, and neither, it seems have you.

So, who am I? Another human being, as entitled to my opinion of his behaviour as you are of mine.

Now, if you don't mind, you can bugger right the fuck off.

:D

Joeku

Lord
vermillion2083;703851 said:
I ask because lately in life I find myself asking this more often which has me frightened. Every time I ask it, it always results in the same answer... “God that could never happen, Life is fixable, no conflict is worth such a permanent solution." yet with enough time and the right situation I find the question popping up again. I really question if I will stop seeing this as a fictional question and start thinking of it as a solution.
Don't tell yourself "oh I would never do it" when you are contemplating it. Contemplating it leads to worse. Believe me, it's the tip of the iceberg.

I went from "oh I'd never even THINK about doing that" to "ugh I know I'd never, but it would be nice" to "my fucking GOD get me OUT of here" in the span of about a month. Actually made the solid decision to do it one night when, out of the blue, my best friend called me (coincidence?) and, after talking to me for about two hours, made me realize just how great life is and how much there is to live for.

But if it wasn't for that simple phone call that was made at PRECISELY the right time, I wouldn't be here right now.

It's not safe to think about. If you think you might actually wind up really thinking about doing it, then I suggest you tell one or two very close friends that you confide in, and ask them to check up on you every once in a while to make sure you're doing okay in that area.

no you went from thinking about it, to thinking about losing control of your excrements after dieing, hence malaperth's sig and a very funny convo in irc.

nomad707

Knight
Most peolpe that have thoughts of suicide are little kids with raging hormones who have their parents saying no to use the car..

So many stupid people.. so selfish and overdramatic, when you have a problem like me, then i would understand.. but b/f or gf breakin up with you, or whatever gay reason, is a weak excuse to comit suicide.. so many people out there with problems you can't even imagine, and they dont give suicide a single thought..

in other words, suck it up, and improve yourself by not even thinking about it.

Joeku

Lord
nomad707;703893 said:
Most peolpe that have thoughts of suicide are little kids with raging hormones who have their parents saying no to use the car..

So many stupid people.. so selfish and overdramatic, when you have a problem like me, then i would understand.. but b/f or gf breakin up with you, or whatever gay reason, is a weak excuse to comit suicide.. so many people out there with problems you can't even imagine, and they dont give suicide a single thought..

in other words, suck it up, and improve yourself by not even thinking about it.
Exactly. Which is why I don't agree with AB's point.
You might think that you really "want" to die but you're probably not in your right mind if you think that.

Joeku;703896 said:
Exactly. Which is why I don't agree with AB's point.
You might think that you really "want" to die but you're probably not in your right mind if you think that.
thats because you never really thought about it. Your opinion is crap, because when you 'wanted to kill yourself' you really didnt, and the whole channel knew it.. you were just having a fleeting moment of thinking about it, not really wanting to die. People who truly want to die don't care if they piss and shit themselves after death. You have never really wanted to die.

As for being in right mind, thats bullshit too. One can be in a very right mind and want to die.

Bleach

Knight
AodhanW;703873 said:
I'm Aodhan asshole, and don't think your anti-social behaviour is going to have the desired result. I've never been afraid to state my opinion, and neither, it seems have you.

So, who am I? Another human being, as entitled to my opinion of his behaviour as you are of mine.

Now, if you don't mind, you can bugger right the fuck off.

:D

Aww, did a random stranger on a public forum hurt your feelings?

Secondly, no, I was here first.
You can take a fucking hike.

Now if your done your shit attempt at starting a pissing contest, I suggest you re-read my post - work on your comprehension. You obviously missed my point.
;)

AodhanW

Wanderer
Bleach;703903 said:
Aww, did a random stranger on a public forum hurt your feelings?

Hurt my feelings, my dear man I don't know you well enough, to give enough of a shit , to have my feelings hurt by your opinion.

Now if your done your shit attempt at starting a pissing contest, I suggest you re-read my post - work on your comprehension. You obviously missed my point.
;)

I wasn't trying to start a pissing contest, but I do concede your point. He asked for others thoughts, and subsequently got it. But I will reiterate my point, AB posted his thoughts in Starbucks of all places. Which gives me every right to comment on them freely.

As I previously stated, you have every right to comment on mine.

So.. As for 'who the fuck am I to...' another person here in Starbucks utilizing his right to state an opinion.

Note: When telling you to bugger the fuck off, I was not implying you should 'leave the forums and go away'. I was merely saying "Your opinion matters less than the orbit of the moon matters to an earthworm to me"

And just for the sake of being an annoying prat... I may need to work on my comprehension, you need to work on your grammar.

Now if your done your shit