RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tiller Bell

haazen

Sorceror
Tiller Bell

This script is a small gump with 15 buttons for driving a boat.

12 directional buttons, stop button, anchor up and down.

The script was written to also be a minor gold sink. Each time a player pushes a button, it comsumes 2 GP from their backpack. With no gold in backpack, a message is displayed and the gump closes.

Drop script into custom folder. [add tillerbell or place on a vendor. Double click the bell in backpack to bring up gump. The gump stays up until you right click the gump.

Hope you enjoy it. Any questions or comments are welcome.

Note: This does not work on older versions of RunUO. This was created on version 1.0.0

Attachments

• TillerBell.cs
    5.1 KB · Views: 230

haazen

Sorceror
Edit the amount of gold to be consumed on this line. Change from 2 to some other amount.
if ( pack != null && pack.ConsumeTotal( typeof( Gold ), 2 ) )

If you want no gold required, change the line to look like this
if ( pack != null ) // && pack.ConsumeTotal( typeof( Gold ), 2 ) )

I did not consider making it so just the owner of the boat can use it because many ppl have more than 1 person on the boat and they all give commands to the tillerman. Even if the tillerbell would only work for the owner, anyone can still give the tillerman commands by typing them.

Memnoch

Wanderer
the tillerman checks to make sure the one with a key in his pack orders him, otherwise its the one furthest in the back of the boat.

Very interesting script, hopefully we can all click better than typing :rolleyes:

I think this will make the job much easier to control a boat and much faster! :D

paggylee

Wanderer
Getting Error

Hello,

I was hoping to try your Script for the Tiller Bell.
I have added it twice to my shard and have gotten these errors twice:

- Error: Scripts\Added Customs\TillerBell.cs: CS0117: (line 98, column 20) 'Ser
ver.Multis.BaseBoat' does not contain a definition for 'FindBoatAt'
- Error: Scripts\Added Customs\TillerBell.cs: CS0117: (line 150, column 6) 'Ser
ver.Multis.BaseBoat' does not contain a definition for 'StartTurn'
- Error: Scripts\Added Customs\TillerBell.cs: CS0117: (line 156, column 6) 'Ser
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

I am just learning a bit about scripting, and some things confuse me still.
I would appreciate it if you could help me with this.

Thank you
Peg/PaggyLee

Cerberus

Wanderer
paggylee said:
Hello,

I was hoping to try your Script for the Tiller Bell.
I have added it twice to my shard and have gotten these errors twice:

- Error: Scripts\Added Customs\TillerBell.cs: CS0117: (line 98, column 20) 'Ser
ver.Multis.BaseBoat' does not contain a definition for 'FindBoatAt'
- Error: Scripts\Added Customs\TillerBell.cs: CS0117: (line 150, column 6) 'Ser
- Error: Scripts\Added Customs\TillerBell.cs: CS0117: (line 156, column 6) 'Ser
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

I am just learning a bit about scripting, and some things confuse me still.
I would appreciate it if you could help me with this.

Thank you
Peg/PaggyLee

I dont know for sure but does system require the findboat command to be installed as well or is it a stand alone

http://runuo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56751

BTW very nice looking 2 scripts i will try them as soon as i sort out my test server lol

etherkye

Wanderer
it is a standalone as you just drop it into your custom file.

paggy have a look at your base boat file, have you edited it at all? if not then just find a new copy of baseboat and replase yours. see if that works.

paggylee

Wanderer
Sorry I snapped..

Guess we won't be using this script.. I do have a custom BaseBoat. The tillerman will rez a player on the boat in my script.. Would hate to lose that.. Thank you everyone for the help though..

Kyss/Peg

haazen

Sorceror
The 2 scripts I have submitted are stand alone. FindBoat.cs is not required for TillerBell.cs to work. But this is what I found. There is no reference to FindBoatAt method in older RunUO version. It appears that FindBoatAt method was added in version 1.0.0 to support Serpent Pillar. So you need to upgrade to the most recient version of the server for the TillerBell to work. Sorry. But thanks for pointing that out to me. I will edit the post to say for Version 1.0.0.

paggylee

Wanderer
Thank you..

To bad you don't have this for 1.0. I am not ready nor knowledgeable enough to upgrade to 1.0.0 without major wipe and I refuse to put our fantastic playerbase thru that AGAIN.. Thank you so much for all the help.. Tis Greatly Appreciated..

Cerberus

Wanderer
paggylee said:
Thank you..

To bad you don't have this for 1.0. I am not ready nor knowledgeable enough to upgrade to 1.0.0 without major wipe and I refuse to put our fantastic playerbase thru that AGAIN.. Thank you so much for all the help.. Tis Greatly Appreciated..

check your pm's