RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time Stamps in the server.exe

MoreBeer

Sorceror
Time Stamps in the server.exe

dont flame me for requesting,

but as far as running the server side my self ive knotwice sometimes things dont happen when im around and would like to see when i look in the server.exe
Time stamps of when things do .. for instantce saves.. or in this case.. what made me think of it .. i had a server crash.. was totaly asleep , when i woke up had no clue at what time it went down.. if there is a fix for this.. and im just a plain moron.. leme know thx MoreBeer :(

Khaz

Knight
Automatic backups create time-stamped folders.

..\Scripts\Misc\Crashguard.cs has a boolean for enabling crash logs. If it's true, it'll create a log of the crash with all the information needed, as well as a timestamp and date, and who was online.

Greystar

Wanderer
Khaz said:
Automatic backups create time-stamped folders.

..\Scripts\Misc\Crashguard.cs has a boolean for enabling crash logs. If it's true, it'll create a log of the crash with all the information needed, as well as a timestamp and date, and who was online.

I would like a way to see a timestamp in ther server window as well just because I want to make sure everything is behaving the way its supposed to when Im looking at it and to make sure the time between saves is right and when people logged on or off etc... I just like to see those kind of things.

Lysdexic

Sorceror
Well, with crashguard enabled, it's supposed to close the original window, which writing a timestamp to it would be utterly pointless. The times when the server doesn't restart on it's own you could change Broadcasts.cs to include a Console.WriteLine( blah); when it broadcasts the server has crashed.

Greystar

Wanderer
Lysdexic said:
Well, with crashguard enabled, it's supposed to close the original window, which writing a timestamp to it would be utterly pointless. The times when the server doesn't restart on it's own you could change Broadcasts.cs to include a Console.WriteLine( blah); when it broadcasts the server has crashed.

I wasn't referring to crashguard in perticular just the normal server window. So people can track that way. Or even adding something like an EventLog every update there is in the serverwindow record to a file with a timestamp and the same like that just showed in the serverwindow it "might" slow down servers a little bit, but I have 20 people on right now and my savetimes are like 3-5 seconds and my world is fully spawned and im not using an despawning scripts. Otherwise if someone has modded the core with this feature for their own server and they would like to share it in the Core Modifications section of the forum it would be greatly appreciated. I am really good with this stuff in C and I can manage in VB to do what I want BUT I'm not that great at C# yet.

Icon

Wanderer
Well i mod this file that was posted like 5+ months ago, seems to do the job well...
Just simply put in custom folder..

Enjoy

Hk

PS

I posted this in the past might want to do a search next time :)

Attachments

• ConsoleHook.cs
    1.1 KB · Views: 62

Greystar

Wanderer
Icon said:
Well i mod this file that was posted like 5+ months ago, seems to do the job well...
Just simply put in custom folder..

Enjoy

Hk

PS

I posted this in the past might want to do a search next time :)

I already downloaded this file... but didnt look closely at it yet... If it does what I want then I wont worry about this anymore.

Icon

Wanderer
Well i guess i should had posted a screen shoot in the past to help ppl :)

Hk