RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time System

Pyro-Tech

Knight
i was editing mine to be a little different....it was currently in a darkest hour once i changed it...and it changed to night (as it should) and then it never went darkest hour again :confused:

and my thing was one hour ahead for some reason...which is what started the whole ordeal

Pyro-Tech

Knight
well...i don't know when it happened...but it is now darkest hour....but i don't know for sure when it changed :confused: was posting and looking around on web and not at UO window

Greystar

Wanderer
Pyro-Tech said:
i was editing mine to be a little different....it was currently in a darkest hour once i changed it...and it changed to night (as it should) and then it never went darkest hour again :confused:

and my thing was one hour ahead for some reason...which is what started the whole ordeal

sorry about my last post i was being a smartass :)... anyway I know this is off topic... did you get a big storm down there today (well i should say yesterday now, although it may still be raining here).

Pyro-Tech

Knight
yeah...i was around mt vernon when the storm came through (about an hour north of where i live and where the storm was) and a tornado touched down about 10 minutes away from where me and my girlfriend was (she lives up there)

we had a really good chance of getting worse weather tonight but it hasn't yet

EDIT: and i know you were being a smartass...i was just choosing not to acknowledge it ;)

Morxeton

Sorceror
The next version is getting close to release. I know it's been a month, but it is a huge update... :)

The last two huge things to update are Seasons and Weather. If anyone has any more ideas that they would like to see implemented, please let me know so I can include it in the next release (maybe).

Pyro-Tech

Knight
One idea on the nightsight issue...i know you said you had 3 options, off....darkest only, and always on....but mabey allowing an option like moonphases, where the nightsight can adjust it accordingly?? and if possible along with the other options? i dunno

cause i was thinking during darkest hour, nightsight hardly works....but at night, it works very well....may not be perfect daylight, but it works

seasons and weather coenciding would be great

and while your here....what is the timezone thing do? :confused:

Morxeton

Sorceror
Pyro-Tech said:
One idea on the nightsight issue...i know you said you had 3 options, off....darkest only, and always on....but mabey allowing an option like moonphases, where the nightsight can adjust it accordingly?? and if possible along with the other options? i dunno

cause i was thinking during darkest hour, nightsight hardly works....but at night, it works very well....may not be perfect daylight, but it works

seasons and weather coenciding would be great
Not a bad idea. I'll implement a NightSightDarkestHourAdjust similar to how MoonPhaseAdjust works.

Pyro-Tech said:
and while your here....what is the timezone thing do? :confused:
When UseTimeZones is enabled, every m_TimeZoneXDivisor X is one game minute (i.e. by default m_TimeZoneXDivisor = 16 so every 16 X in game is one game minute. If your location is 48, 240, 0, then 48 / 16 = 3, so where you stand would be + 3 minutes from BaseTime.)

Morxeton

Sorceror
Aeolus said:
I liked being able to change these features in the script. It took me awhile to figure out that you have to disable timezones in-game with commands. After figuring that out, and getting my clocks formatted, everything is working great. A gump system would DEFINITELY be helpful. I will be glad to see that release.
Btw, the next version will include a constant variable called ForceScriptSettings, in which setting to true will force the system to only use the settings you specify in the script. The only things you will be able to adjust in game would be minute, hour, day, month, year, and current moon phase day.

Pyro-Tech

Knight
Morxeton said:
When UseTimeZones is enabled, every m_TimeZoneXDivisor X is one game minute (i.e. by default m_TimeZoneXDivisor = 16 so every 16 X in game is one game minute. If your location is 48, 240, 0, then 48 / 16 = 3, so where you stand would be + 3 minutes from BaseTime.)

so with this, it wouldn't be the same time all around the map...ok i understand then

and i still think it needs a gump, or a stone or some easier way to view and set the stats....that might be the best improvment right now...was/is a pain for me to set and tweak right now

Pyro-Tech

Knight
I have a question of curiosity....

has anyone tried this with the sickness system and PC vampire's??

I planned on installing the sickness system for the sake of the vampire's, and i was wondering if the custom day cycles affected that properly (vampires won't burn when it's night)

I know back in the b35/36 version server i ran, the custom time cycle's didn't matter cause it was region based or something :confused:

If anyone has tried this with any result's, it would be appreciated!

Aeolus

Sorceror
Btw, the next version will include a constant variable called ForceScriptSettings, in which setting to true will force the system to only use the settings you specify in the script. The only things you will be able to adjust in game would be minute, hour, day, month, year, and current moon phase day.
Very cool... I'm looking forward to the update. I'm also curious to see your weather system as I want to try to create a mobile (rain dragon) that causes rain within about a 20 tile radius of it, if it's engaged in combat it will cause stormy weather. Maybe you could give me some pointers on the script after the weather system is released.:)

Bakanahito

Wanderer
Wow...

Not bad... This script is exactly what i was looking for, and never thought i'd see (seing as i have to mutch trouble scripting in general)... Thanks for sharing sutch proficent skill with others :D

Morxeton

Sorceror
ice4624 said:
When i type [time i get "PRESET#" how can i fix this please instant message me at
aim ice4624
yahoo djice_420
msn [email protected]
ICQ 301514451
since im always away from the forums
THank you

You must have typed:
[TS SET TIMEFORMAT PRESET#

Which results in 'PRESET#' being shown. You need to replace # with a number from 1 to 6, or you can open Formatting.txt and see how to create your own custom formatting.

Lord_Shaka

Wanderer
Morxeton said:
You must have typed:
[TS SET TIMEFORMAT PRESET#

Which results in 'PRESET#' being shown. You need to replace # with a number from 1 to 6, or you can open Formatting.txt and see how to create your own custom formatting.

what about a html output to show the time in the webpage status ??

:)

Is there a way to set a mobile to.. lets say.... only appear during FULL MOON ? just like a werewolf ?

not sure how to do it - but there is a script on here some place that someone wrote so that monsters only come out at night (well they were hidden & blessed the rest of the time or something like that)

might want to locate it and look yto see how he did it and then mod it for the full moon(s)

Morxeton

Sorceror
Lord_Shaka said:
what about a html output to show the time in the webpage status ??

:)

Is there a way to set a mobile to.. lets say.... only appear during FULL MOON ? just like a werewolf ?
That's not a bad idea. However, that should be handled by a spawner system. I plan to have the new MegaSpawner System (currently in development) work well with the Time System. I will definately have this be possible.

Morxeton

Sorceror
Morxeton said:
That's not a bad idea. However, that should be handled by a spawner system. I plan to have the new MegaSpawner System (currently in development) work well with the Time System. I will definately have this be possible.
BTW, the next version will have support for custom moons in addition to seasons, weather, etc...

Pyro-Tech

Knight
Morxeton said:
BTW, the next version will have support for custom moons in addition to seasons, weather, etc...

hehe...hue the rain to make it look like it's raining fire....be great for a volcano on a custom map :D

Morxeton

Sorceror
Pyro-Tech said:
hehe...hue the rain to make it look like it's raining fire....be great for a volcano on a custom map :D
I wish I could change the hue... Weather is handled by the client. The server sends a packet to the client telling it what weather to display on screen if any.

However, I can add lightning and that should be a bunch of fun. :D