RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tired of whiners on privacy infiltration...

WarAngel

Wanderer
Uh well, that was part of it. If one person had died on 9/11, do you think it would have been as huge of a deal to take revenge/find the killers/etc.?

Slayer706

Sorceror
i honestly cant stand "logicals"
That is funny because I can't stand "illogicals". You are basically saying that you can't stand people that take the side of reason.... Don't you think that the side against reason sounds like a pretty bad side to be on? I know I do.

theformat

Wanderer
Slayer706 said:
That is funny because I can't stand "illogicals". You are basically saying that you can't stand people that take the side of reason.... Don't you think that the side against reason sounds like a pretty bad side to be on? I know I do.
logicals is the substitue there for democrats

Slayer706

Sorceror
logicals is the substitue there for democrats
I read that over and over, and I still can't make sense of it.
I even tried my translator set on German to English, and nothing came up. Then I tried Spanish to English, Dutch to English, and Russian to English. Still nothing.
Maybe you meant:
"Logicals are the substitute for democrats in that statement."
Even though that still doesn't make sense.

Johabius

Knight
I think I did back on the 9th of this month.

Johabius said:
I would just like to take this time to declare myself a conserviral. Thank you, carry on:D

Oops, or should that be a libervative?
From the RunUO Banned In School thread:p

marvin3634

Wanderer
Come on people what do you think this is ? A democracy? Bullshit its a Republic. We the people have nothing to say about it and the sad fact is we are not represented by a majority. No only 30% of registered voters actually vote and fewer than 40% of americans are registered to vote. So a crazy 12% of the population actually determines the fate of this great republic ...... But wait. When was the last time you had a chance to vote on a law? Thats right you can vote on tax changes and other things but laws? No the only thing that limits the laws of this government is itself .... Imagine if WE the people actually had a say in the privacy thing that the government let itself have. I dont believe that even the 12 percent that vote would have been that stupid. :mad:

Slayer706

Sorceror
Exactly. I think this country would be much better off if everyone had the chance to vote for major laws and changes to the constitution.

People representing us sucks, because only rich people can win major positions. It takes over 70 million dollars to fund a presidential campaign. Thus, everyone in the positions that matter are biased. The president (a rich person) chooses the judges for the Supreme Court (he is going to pick rich people that think like him). Every branch is headed by some wealthy person. So of course they are going to throw down things like a minimum wage increase (they sure as hell get their pay increases though).

99Bananas

Wanderer
i aggree

Slayer706;563302 said:
I agree with Sith. I don't care if they don't care. There is no reason for them to know. I don't do anything illegal, but that doesn't mean I want some CIA agent talking to the president about how I called my mother today and asked if she was alright.

If you don't care about what people know about you, feel free to post your credit cards, IP address, all the ports on your computer that are unprotected, who you called today and what you talked about, what you ate this morning, how many times you masturbated today, and just generally everything you can remember about today.

The point is, it isn't their business. I have rights in the Constitution of the United States of America, and I refuse to let them walk all over that because of some lame excuse like "The information will help us catch Osama!" or any other reason.

i care because because i have been to war and shed blood for my country, and because my wife is leaving in 2 months to go back to Iraq to fight for the freedoms we have here in America and when the CIA infringes those freedoms
its basically slapping me and everyone in the military or prier service in the face...... if Bush really wanted to catch his brother Osama... then he shouldn't have authorized his flight out of the country :p:eek:

WarAngel

Wanderer
I can honestly say I don't know of a single war in the 20th century and further where we fought for our freedom. Our allies' freedom, sure. Against Communism, sure. Against men in caves that we should all fear, sure.

Because someone wants to invade us and take away all our freedom? Uhh...

I'm not trying to flame anyone or be unpatriotic or anything, but I really don't understand why I hear this phrase so often when it really doesn't seem to be that true. I appreciate that you and everyone else has served in our military to fight for our nation, but I don't find truth in that stated mission. Maybe I missed something though. Please enlighten me if I did.

siran

Sorceror
WarAngel;708047 said:
I can honestly say I don't know of a single war in the 20th century and further where we fought for our freedom. Our allies' freedom, sure. Against Communism, sure. Against men in caves that we should all fear, sure.

Because someone wants to invade us and take away all our freedom? Uhh...

I'm not trying to flame anyone or be unpatriotic or anything, but I really don't understand why I hear this phrase so often when it really doesn't seem to be that true. I appreciate that you and everyone else has served in our military to fight for our nation, but I don't find truth in that stated mission. Maybe I missed something though. Please enlighten me if I did.

Our involvement has been because of our perceived best interest, because a problem was becoming intolerable or to preempt before things went too far away from our interest. This is true before this century, too. The causes of the American revolution were essentially economic, as were all the wars we have fought.

(They don't call me a cynic for nothing).

Consider:
American revolution - taxation without representation; economy captive as a colony to Britain.
War of 1812 - Britain attempting to restrict our use of the high seas & keep us in an inferior economic position.
Mexican War - Blatant land grab to achieve our "manifest destiny".
Civil War - king cotton required slaves; industrial revolution threatened plantation way of life; loss of political balance resulted in southern secession.
Spanish-American War - essentially about Florida & Cuba, another blatant land grab
WWI - Weakening of Britain & France threatened our valued trade relationships; Zimmerman note aroused fears of Mexicans reclaiming land (Pancho Villa raids were fierce at this time); interference with shipping by Germans
WWII - Essentially continuation of WWI with same threats, in addition loss of Pacific hegemony to Japan.
Korea - communist "dominoes" threatened newly conquered Japan and our control of Pacific - resources and trade.
Vietnam - same reasons as Korea
Iraq - Threat of terrorism but more fears of oil restriction than fears of repeated terrorist attacks. If middle east oil is largely shut off to us the average American will howl about the huge economic impact.

The truth is all wars have been about nations resorting to force to achieve or protect their interests when it appears other solutions are unworkable, are too expensive, or will take too long. They are not started by the common man but rather by those who have the most to gain or lose. Once started, the common man is persuaded or coerced into bearing the brunt of the misery.

I have not stated whether I am for or against all this. The fact is on some level I see validity for either position. I am just making cynical observations on human nature.

Rosetta

Wanderer
War everywhere has always been about resources. Since the dawn of man. And will continue that way until the end of our days.

If you have enough resources you have more freedom to do as you please.