RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"[" toggling "GM:" message

"[" toggling "GM:" message

I wasn't sure where to post this but the forum description said misc. support. So here goes.

This problem isn't exactly related to RunUo, but it does conflict with command use and proper function of Pandora's Box.

Problem:
On more than one server (including one I do not own), without use of RunUo, the word "GM:" appears in pink lettering after simply hitting the "[" key. You cannot immediately type a second "[" after it and instead you must hit the space bar.

This has interrupted my use of Pandora's Box that instead of the program properly entering the command "[add static #" into the game, it toggles the "GM:" message and simply enters the words commands of the words which are in turn said by the character.

Question:

1. I was wondering if anyone else had run into the same problem.
2. Is this the result of an OSI Patch?
3. Is there a particular patched file that is causing this, and if so what is its name?

I have temporarily resolved the problem by hitting the space bar before use of pandora's command, yet I'm hoping to rid of the issue entirely to prevent decoration inconveniences.

Thank You.

psz

Administrator
Please do a search: This has been discussed in over 20 threads, and has had one or two fixes posted already. This is a result of the OSI patch.

H

hudel

Code:
http://www.runuo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57871
--> Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the adminstrator

Well diddly do. Would you look at that.

Here's a link to another page with other links of this issue:

http://www.runuo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57605&highlight=gm+command

Sorry about my participation of the repetitiveness of this issue, I've been out of the loop with UO for a while and I mistook it for a newer problem. Thanks for putting up with my lapse in research and I'll definitely be more thorough next time.

Have a Nice Day and Happy Forum Browsing.

Hlal

Wanderer
to fix runuo go into scripts/commands/handlers.cs and on line 25 change
Code:
Server.Commands.CommandPrefix = "[";
to
Code:
Server.Commands.CommandPrefix = "]";

to fix Pandoras box, start up the box, then in tools tab hit options, theres a prefix settings box, change the [ to a ]

to fix UOAR, start uoar up and connect, then in options change the [ to ].

there all your tools and shard should work again using the new command ] instead of [

Lokai

Knight
And in case anyone really wants to use the original command prefix, just have your users patch their UO Clients again, because they fixed the problem in the latest patch...