RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tokuno Rune colors

batarex

Sorceror
Tokuno Rune colors

how would someone go about making runes for tokuno have a color both in the book and the rune its self, i know how to do it for the other facets but i see nothing i can change to add tokuno to this atm? or is this something that will be address with the next release?

big_cat

Wanderer
open recallrune.cs and find this line
Code:
else if ( m_TargetMap == Map.Malas )
         Hue = (House != null ? 0x55F : 1102);
about line 151
and add after it
Code:
else if ( m_TargetMap == Map.Tokuno )
		Hue = (House != null ? 0x55F : 123);
the 123 is the hue not sure what 0x55F is but if u change the 123 to the number of the hue u want it does work with no probs

sirens song

Wanderer
That is a logical statement using the ? operator

(House != null ? 0x55F : 123)

is like

Code:
if ( House != null)
{
Hue = 0x55F;
}
else
{
Hue = 123;
}
Sounds like it sets a smecial hue if player is inside a house.

-Jamie

No it doesn't change color in Runebook just on the runes

I haven't been able to figure out how to make the wrods colored and bold in runebooks as of yet

in the RunebookGump.cs
After Line 29 Where it reads

else if ( map == Map.Malas )
return 1102;
Enter this
else if ( map == Map.Tokuno )
return "YOUR HUE NUMBER HERE;

Ninja-AoI

Wanderer
big_cat said:
kool ty, so that is just another hue, for if it is a house. can i use example 123 instead of 0x55F ?

The first hue is used if the Rune has marked while the Caster was standing within the boundaries of a HOUSE. (Meaning standing on the front steps of your Tower.)

"House Runes" though maked while INSIDE the house by default target @2 tiles in front of the House Sign.

The idea originated when people started leaving Rune to their Vendors outside Brit Bank. It was a great way to get customers without standing there Spamming all day. Problem was, some people would mark runes to some QUITE NASTY places and name them "Bob's Discount Wares".

Needless to say unsuspecting people made some shopping errors.

If you're "In" the house the rune will be Hued the First color. If the Rune is marked standing "Outside" the boundaries of a house. (i.e. outside a dungeon, middle of town, favorite taming spot) they would have the second hue.

I would suggest keeping the two different colors. For the reason meantioned above.

Tark

Wanderer
the osi playerbase has some of the sneakiest griefers ive seen lol.

thats a good idea to leave em as it is :)