RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tony's Pet Leash quest

daat

Wanderer
Tony's Pet Leash quest

Credits:
Writed by Daat99
Tonys quest for the training whip.
**the quest based on the fisherman quest posted by unknown**
**the pet leash is someone elses script (no idea who) I just renamed it to avoid errors**

Description:
It's a quest that gives a blessed pet leash and 5k gold as a reward.
First the player need to speak to npc called Tony.
Tony tell him about tourny he want to attend and he can't train horse without his whip that was stolen by his old horse.
Then the player seak out the horse (TonysCrazyHorse) and tries to kill him (yes just TRIES).
Then the player found out he need a lot of help (realy crazy that horse) and get his buddies.
Finally when the horse die he leave a whip on his corpse.
The player give the whip to Tony and recieve his reward.

Changelog:
V1
25/08/2004: Fixed a bug that made the pet leash register as bridle and unmovable. (thanx for letting me know Freeman)
15/08/2004: Wrote the script :)

Package include 6 files:
Tony.cs
Tonyfinishgump.cs
TonyGump.cs
Tonys Quest.txt
TonysCrazyHorse.cs
TonysPetLeash.cs

Installation Instruction:
Place all the files in any location under ***\runuo\scripts (preferably in their own directory there).
Add Tony to any location you want him to stand in (he can't walk around).
Add a spawner (need to respawn, set time to your liking) for TonysCrazyHorse.
keep in mind that he's realy hard so make him spawn solo, he'll beat almost everybody alone anyway.

Attachments

• Tonys Pet Leash Quest V1.zip
    5.8 KB · Views: 861
J

Jimbot

Yet another quest i get how to set up i'm on a roll!
great job on the script!

Pyro-Tech

Knight
sorry for my ignorance, but what is the leash for?

i never looked at/downloaded any of the "leash" scripts that have come here

LordHogFred

Knight
The pet leash script was mine, it was the script I wrote I didnt know it was still around :p

I don't mind you using it at all just wanted to get my name known :p

D

Dark Phanton

Error: Scripts\Custom\Tonys Pet Leash Quest V1\TonysPetLeash.cs: CS0101: (line 8, colume 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'TonysPetLeash'

how can I get this to work? any help would be great appreciated thankx in advance..

p.s. yes LordHogFred does same with your pet leash.cs

angelofdeath

Wanderer
Good script but I got a problem i have been gone for awhile and I installed this script and i get this error mind helping me out i am lost in the dark...
Code:
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
 - Error: Scripts\custom\Tonys Pet Leash Quest V1\TonysPetLeash.cs: CS0246: (lin
e 55, column 6) The type or namespace name 'ShrinkFunctions' could not be found
(are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

daat99

Staff member
First, sorry for the slow responde.

The quest need some kind of shrink system installed.

The petleash is nothing more then mobile hitching post or unlimited shrink potion that never runs out.

Without a shrink system this quest is kinda useless because the petleash won't do anything.

The error you get means you don't have a compatible shrink system on your shard.

Sir Xuse

Wanderer

Kinda a big notice that should be mentioned to those who might not have shrink at all... Or even maybe apoplying this into the pack and test so there arent errors
but other than that seems like u spent some time moding someone elses script cause i have someone elses and ive looked at yurs and the names have been changed so i think reconiitions good for ones who writes too...

daat99

Staff member
First: I'm unable to edit the post because I don't have the password for that acount.
I lost it short after I posted and I was called away and didn't do any scripting at all since then untill couple of weeks ago.

Second:
The crazy horse, the whip, the story and the general idea is mine.
I wrote more then 80% of the script so that kinda make it my script.

Writed by Daat99
Tonys quest for the training whip.
**the quest based on the fisherman quest posted by unknown**
**the pet leash is someone elses script (no idea who) I just renamed it to avoid errors**

I see here that I said already that I took parts from other scripts
The base quest is not mine I just rewrote it.

The pet leash isn't mine but I renamed it to avoid duplicates so you can have the original and the 1 in the script at the same time.
I also modded it a bit so the creadits for that is mostly to LordHogFred (thanx for letting me know it's yours).

As far as I can tell if you add an item to your script it doesn't make the entire script belong to the person who wrote that item.

P.S.
if you have similar quest with different names please let me know, I want my credits for it!!!

daat99

Staff member
mandys boy said:
im having a error scripts/customs/petleash namespace shrinkfunctions? what do i do?
Start by not using unsupported totaly 100% outdated script and get the new version.

All the scripts in the archive are outdated and aren't supported so don't waste your tiem with them, plenty of working updated and supported scripts can be found in the script release forum.