RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trouble with Custom Map Rendering

I'm trying to use the Ultima SDK to render an image of the maps, but I'm running into a problem. I am using a custom map for a Trammel replacement, but still using the standard map for Felucca.

When I try to render the Trammel map, it displays the original map. When I go into the mul files and copy map1.mul to map0.mul, then the program renders the new map correctly. So it seems that the SDK is using map0.mul for both the Felucca and Trammel maps rather than using map1.mul for the Trammel map.

What do I need to do to fix this problem so the maps render properly? Please don't say to use the same map for Felucca and Trammel because they will be separate custom maps eventually so that is just not an option.

Jeff

Lord
Ya, the Ultima SDK was never updated to handle Map1. If you look at the code for Map.cs in the Ultima.dll you will see it uses the same index for both.

Code:
        public static readonly Map Felucca = new Map( 0, 0, 6144, 4096 );
        public static readonly Map Trammel = new Map( 0, 1, 6144, 4096 );
Just change the '0' to '1' for Fel, so it should look like this

Code:
        public static readonly Map Felucca = new Map( 1, 0, 6144, 4096 );
        public static readonly Map Trammel = new Map( 0, 1, 6144, 4096 );

Where can I download the newest source for the SDK? I have gone to the download site and the latest version doesn't include Ter Mur which the Ultima.dll contains that downloads with the SVN. Is there an SVN for the SDK also?

Thanks!

Nevermind. I figured out that I can create my own map references in my application using the SDK and then reference those maps instead of the ones within the SDK. This also allows me to render maps with the new 7168x4096 sizes instead of using the 6144x4096 definitions in the SDK.