RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ubuntu Server with Mono

ShaoKhan

Sorceror
Hoi there from Germany,

is there somewhere a tutorial how to set up a RunUO Server on a Ubuntu system ?
i've uploaded all RunUO Files, installed mono and started with the usual way.
The comilin' went wrong with lots of errors like
"CS0414: Line 139: The private field .... never used"

Is it just a path error ?
I'm new to runUO. I've used sphere and wolfpack for a long time and look now for a 64bit version for Ultima Online.
Is my english very bad ? hu ......

I hope someone can help me to bring up my 'lil nice Shard again.

Thanks,

ShaoKhan

ShaoKhan

Sorceror
Sure ... here is the output:

Code:
me@0815:/home/uo# mono RunUO.exe
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.1, Build 4272.35047
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Core: Optimizing for 8 64-bit processors
Core: Unix environment detected
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...
+ Gumps/SkillsGump.cs:
    CS0414: Line 185: The private field `Server.Gumps.SkillsGump.TypeWidth' is assigned but its value is never used
    CS0414: Line 191: The private field `Server.Gumps.SkillsGump.BackHeight' is assigned but its value is never used
+ Gumps/WhoGump.cs:
    CS0414: Line 74: The private field `Server.Gumps.WhoGump.BackHeight' is assigned but its value is never used
    CS0414: Line 76: The private field `Server.Gumps.WhoGump.m_Owner' is assigned but its value is never used
+ Items/Misc/EffectController.cs:
    CS0169: Line 102: The private property `Server.Items.EffectController.FixedDirection' is never used
    CS0169: Line 105: The private property `Server.Items.EffectController.Explodes' is never used
    CS0169: Line 108: The private property `Server.Items.EffectController.PlaySoundAtTrigger' is never used
+ Items/Skill Items/Tools/BaseRunicTool.cs:
    CS0169: Line 136: The private method `Server.Items.BaseRunicTool.ApplyAttribute(Server.AosElementAttributes, int, int, Server.AosElementAttribute, int, int, int)' is never used
+ Items/Wands/WandTarget.cs:
    CS0169: Line 16: The private method `Server.Targeting.WandTarget.GetOffset(Server.Mobile)' is never used
+ Items/Weapons/Abilities/TalonStrike.cs:
    CS0414: Line 58: The private field `Server.Items.TalonStrike.InternalTimer.m_Attacker' is assigned but its value is never used
+ Misc/Gifts/Winter2004/PileOfGlacialSnow.cs:
    CS0414: Line 95: The private field `Server.Items.PileOfGlacialSnow.SnowTarget.m_Thrower' is assigned but its value is never used
    CS0414: Line 96: The private field `Server.Items.PileOfGlacialSnow.SnowTarget.m_Snow' is assigned but its value is never used
+ Misc/Gifts/Winter2004/SnowPile.cs:
    CS0414: Line 81: The private field `Server.Items.SnowPile.SnowTarget.m_Thrower' is assigned but its value is never used
    CS0414: Line 82: The private field `Server.Items.SnowPile.SnowTarget.m_Snow' is assigned but its value is never used
+ Mobiles/Guards/ArcherGuard.cs:
    CS0169: Line 337: The private method `Server.Mobiles.ArcherGuard.AttackTimer.TimeToSpare()' is never used
    CS0169: Line 342: The private method `Server.Mobiles.ArcherGuard.AttackTimer.OutOfMaxDistance(Server.Mobile)' is never used
    CS0169: Line 347: The private method `Server.Mobiles.ArcherGuard.AttackTimer.InMinDistance(Server.Mobile)' is never used
+ Spells/Fifth/Incognito.cs:
    CS0414: Line 142: The private field `Server.Spells.Fifth.IncognitoSpell.m_HairIDs' is assigned but its value is never used
    CS0414: Line 150: The private field `Server.Spells.Fifth.IncognitoSpell.m_BeardIDs' is assigned but its value is never used
+ Spells/Necromancy/MindRot.cs:
    CS0414: Line 139: The private field `Server.Spells.Necromancy.MRExpireTimer.m_Caster' is assigned but its value is never used
+ Spells/Necromancy/SummonFamiliar.cs:
    CS0414: Line 145: The private field `Server.Spells.Necromancy.SummonFamiliarGump.m_Table' is assigned but its value is never used
+ Spells/Ninjitsu/AnimalForm.cs:
    CS0414: Line 375: The private field `Server.Spells.Ninjitsu.AnimalForm.AnimalFormGump.m_Talisman' is assigned but its value is never used
+ Spells/UnsummonTimer.cs:
    CS0414: Line 9: The private field `Server.Spells.UnsummonTimer.m_Caster' is assigned but its value is never used
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

that's not all errors / warnings but the same everytime

Hope u can help.

ShaoKhan

Sorceror
Hi Soteric,

thanks for your advice.
I've done like described in the post you've linked and became those errors:

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.1, Build 3995.12960
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (11 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
+ Commands/Commands/GenTeleporter.cs:
    CS0101: Line 11: The namespace `Server.Commands' already contains a definition for `GenTeleporter'
+ Engines/Plants/MainPlantGump.cs:
    CS0101: Line 9: The namespace `Server.Engines.Plants' already contains a definition for `MainPlantGump'
+ Engines/Plants/PlantPourTarget.cs:
    CS0101: Line 7: The namespace `Server.Engines.Plants' already contains a definition for `PlantPourTarget'
+ Engines/Quests/Core/QuestSystem.cs:
    CS0101: Line 13: The namespace `Server.Engines.Quests' already contains a definition for `QuestCallback'
    CS0101: Line 15: The namespace `Server.Engines.Quests' already contains a definition for `QuestSystem'
    CS0101: Line 481: The namespace `Server.Engines.Quests' already contains a definition for `QuestCancelGump'
    CS0101: Line 551: The namespace `Server.Engines.Quests' already contains a definition for `QuestOfferGump'
    CS0101: Line 617: The namespace `Server.Engines.Quests' already contains a definition for `BaseQuestGump'
+ Gumps/Gumps/ConfirmReleaseGump.cs:
    CS0101: Line 7: The namespace `Server.Gumps' already contains a definition for `ConfirmReleaseGump'
+ Gumps/Gumps/Go/GoGump.cs:
    CS0101: Line 8: The namespace `Server.Gumps' already contains a definition for `GoGump'
+ Mobiles/Mobiles/BaseCreature.cs:
    CS0101: Line 26: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `FightMode'
    CS0101: Line 36: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `OrderType'
    CS0101: Line 60: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `FoodType'
    CS0101: Line 72: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `PackInstinct'
    CS0101: Line 85: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `ScaleType'
    CS0101: Line 96: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `MeatType'
    CS0101: Line 103: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `HideType'
    CS0101: Line 113: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `DamageStore'
    CS0101: Line 134: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `FriendlyNameAttribute'
    CS0101: Line 170: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `BaseCreature'
    CS0101: Line 5276: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `LoyaltyTimer'
+ Mobiles/Mobiles/AI/BaseAI.cs:
    CS0101: Line 20: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `AIType'
    CS0101: Line 39: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `ActionType'
    CS0101: Line 49: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `BaseAI'
+ Mobiles/Mobiles/Animals/Mounts/SeaHorse.cs:
    CS0101: Line 7: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `SeaHorse'
+ Mobiles/Monsters/Humanoid/Magic/BoneMagi.cs:
    CS0101: Line 8: The namespace `Server.Mobiles' already contains a definition for `BoneMagi'
+ Skills/Skills/Stealth.cs:
    CS0101: Line 7: The namespace `Server.SkillHandlers' already contains a definition for `Stealth'

What i've made wrong ?

Soteric

Knight
This error means that you have 2 equal files in your Scripts folder. I suppose you did something wrong when copied them. According to
Code:
Commands/Commands ..
Gumps/Gumps ..
etc.
you have, for example

Commands/

and

Commands/Commands/

which doubles each other. You should resolve this issue.

ShaoKhan

Sorceror
ahh ... you're grat ... thanks.
One error left ....
Code:
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
+ Customs/Nerun's Distro/ML/Mobiles/Labyrinth/Rend.cs:
    CS0246: Line 8: The type or namespace name `Reptalon' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

after solving this one come new errors ? *g*

Thank u Soteric.

ShaoKhan

Sorceror
Hoi Soteric,

i've used an other Tutorial.
I've a 64bit Ubuntu Server running and never compiled something there for RunUO.
All i've installed was per "wget" (packages) or apt-get (svn). My Server dont stand at home an it's a real server with root.
Sure that i need to use the tutorial you've posted ? Looks a bit .... uhm .... complicated ;)

Soteric

Knight
Actually every step is very simple, you should start from #8. And the only difference from your previous try are steps #8 - #13. You'll get the latest RunUO from SVN and compile it on Linux. The rest will be the same. Good luck :)

ShaoKhan

Sorceror
All done ..... but

Code:
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (23 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Bedlam/LadyJennifyr.cs:
    CS0115: Line 117: `Server.Mobiles.LadyJennifyr.GivesMLMinorArtifact' is marked as an override but no suitable property found to override
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Bedlam/LadyMarai.cs:
    CS0115: Line 69: `Server.Mobiles.LadyMarai.GivesMLMinorArtifact' is marked as an override but no suitable property found to override
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Bedlam/MasterJonath.cs:
    CS0115: Line 76: `Server.Mobiles.MasterJonath.GivesMLMinorArtifact' is marked as an override but no suitable property found to override
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Bedlam/MasterMikael.cs:
    CS0115: Line 75: `Server.Mobiles.MasterMikael.GivesMLMinorArtifact' is marked as an override but no suitable property found to override
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Bedlam/MasterTheophilus.cs:
    CS0115: Line 73: `Server.Mobiles.MasterTheophilus.GivesMLMinorArtifact' is marked as an override but no suitable property found to override
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Bedlam/RedDeath.cs:
    CS0115: Line 71: `Server.Mobiles.RedDeath.GivesMLMinorArtifact' is marked as an override but no suitable property found to override
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Bedlam/SirPatrick.cs:
    CS0115: Line 117: `Server.Mobiles.SirPatrick.GivesMLMinorArtifact' is marked as an override but no suitable property found to override
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Labyrinth/Miasma.cs:
    CS0115: Line 86: `Server.Mobiles.Miasma.GivesMLMinorArtifact' is marked as an override but no suitable property found to override
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Labyrinth/Pyre.cs:
    CS0115: Line 64: `Server.Mobiles.Pyre.GivesMLMinorArtifact' is marked as an override but no suitable property found to override
    CS0115: Line 66: `Server.Mobiles.Pyre.HasAura' is marked as an override but no suitable property found to override
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Labyrinth/Rend.cs:
    CS0115: Line 58: `Server.Mobiles.Rend.GivesMLMinorArtifact' is marked as an override but no suitable property found to override
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Painted Caves/Grobu.cs:
    CS0115: Line 62: `Server.Mobiles.Grobu.GivesMLMinorArtifact' is marked as an override but no suitable property found to override
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Painted Caves/Lurg.cs:
    CS0115: Line 56: `Server.Mobiles.Lurg.GivesMLMinorArtifact' is marked as an override but no suitable property found to override
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Palace of Paroxysmus/Putrefier.cs:
    CS0115: Line 71: `Server.Mobiles.Putrefier.GivesMLMinorArtifact' is marked as an override but no suitable property found to override
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Twisted Weald/Gnaw.cs:
    CS0115: Line 49: `Server.Mobiles.Gnaw.GivesMLMinorArtifact' is marked as an override but no suitable property found to override
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Twisted Weald/Guile.cs:
    CS0115: Line 64: `Server.Mobiles.Guile.GivesMLMinorArtifact' is marked as an override but no suitable property found to override
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Twisted Weald/Irk.cs:
    CS0115: Line 49: `Server.Mobiles.Irk.GivesMLMinorArtifact' is marked as an override but no suitable property found to override
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Twisted Weald/LadyLissith.cs:
    CS0115: Line 74: `Server.Mobiles.LadyLissith.GivesMLMinorArtifact' is marked as an override but no suitable property found to override
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Twisted Weald/LadySabrix.cs:
    CS0115: Line 79: `Server.Mobiles.LadySabrix.GivesMLMinorArtifact' is marked as an override but no suitable property found to override
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Twisted Weald/Malefic.cs:
    CS0115: Line 64: `Server.Mobiles.Malefic.GivesMLMinorArtifact' is marked as an override but no suitable property found to override
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Twisted Weald/Silk.cs:
    CS0115: Line 56: `Server.Mobiles.Silk.GivesMLMinorArtifact' is marked as an override but no suitable property found to override
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Twisted Weald/Spite.cs:
    CS0115: Line 54: `Server.Mobiles.Spite.GivesMLMinorArtifact' is marked as an override but no suitable property found to override
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Twisted Weald/Swoop.cs:
    CS0115: Line 112: `Server.Mobiles.Swoop.GivesMLMinorArtifact' is marked as an override but no suitable property found to override
+ Mobiles/Monsters/ML/Twisted Weald/Virulent.cs:
    CS0115: Line 78: `Server.Mobiles.Virulent.GivesMLMinorArtifact' is marked as an override but no suitable property found to override

was there a update maybe ?

Soteric

Knight
Instead of
Code:
svn export http://runuo-nerun-distro.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Distro%20for%20RunUO%202.2/Data/
svn export http://runuo-nerun-distro.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Distro%20for%20RunUO%202.2/Scripts/
try
Code:
svn export http://runuo-nerun-distro.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Distro%20for%20RunUO%20SVN/Data/
svn export http://runuo-nerun-distro.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Distro%20for%20RunUO%20SVN/Scripts/

ShaoKhan

Sorceror
the /Data/ Folder brings up:

Not Found

The requested URL /svn/trunk/Distro for RunUO SVN/Data/ was not found on this server.

The Scripts Folder i've replaced

Soteric

Knight
omg... okay, let's take Data from
Code:
svn export http://runuo-nerun-distro.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Distro%20for%20RunUO%202.2/Data/

ShaoKhan

Sorceror
ahhhhhhhhhhhh ... you're great

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.2, Build 4489.39905
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (0 errors, 0 warnings)
Scripts: Skipping VB.NET Scripts...done (use -vb to enable)
Scripts: Verifying...done (2785 items, 580 mobiles) (0.38 seconds)
Regions: Loading...done
World: Loading...done (0 items, 0 mobiles) (0.00 seconds)
This server has no accounts.
Do you want to create the owner account now? (y/n)
Username: ShaoKhan
Password: dodo1611
Account created.
Listening: 127.0.0.1:2593
Listening: 127.0.0.1:2593
Listening: myIP:2593

erm ... but ..... i've created the "owner account", modified the Login.cfg to my IP and Port, but can't connect. What's my mistake ?

Soteric

Knight
Do you see connection attempts in terminal? Did you specify your external IP in Scripts/Misc/ServerList.cs? If your server behind the router did you forward port 2593? If you have firewall did you open port 2593?

ShaoKhan

Sorceror
it runs ..... GREAT thanks to Soteric for your assistance.
Now i've an new Problem. If i use [Admin or something else, the server crashes (and restarts) with:
Code:
System.DllNotFoundException: libz.so.1.2.5
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) Server.Network.CompressorUnix64:compress2 (byte[],ulong&,byte[],int,Server.Network.ZLibQuality)
  at Server.Network.CompressorUnix64.Compress (System.Byte[] dest, System.Int32& destLength, System.Byte[] source, Int32 sourceLength, ZLibQuality quality) [0x00000]
  at Server.Network.Compression.Pack (System.Byte[] dest, System.Int32& destLength, System.Byte[] source, Int32 sourceLength, ZLibQuality quality) [0x00000]
  at Server.Network.DisplayGumpPacked.WritePacked (Server.Network.PacketWriter src) [0x00000]
  at Server.Network.DisplayGumpPacked.Flush () [0x00000]
  at Server.Gumps.Gump.Compile (Server.Network.NetState ns) [0x00000]
  at Server.Gumps.Gump.SendTo (Server.Network.NetState state) [0x00000]
  at Server.Mobile.SendGump (Server.Gumps.Gump g, Boolean throwOnOffline) [0x00000]
  at Server.Mobile.SendGump (Server.Gumps.Gump g) [0x00000]
  at Server.Gumps.WhoGump.WhoList_OnCommand (Server.Commands.CommandEventArgs e) [0x00000]
  at Server.Commands.CommandSystem.Handle (Server.Mobile from, System.String text, MessageType type) [0x00000]
  at Server.Mobile.DoSpeech (System.String text, System.Int32[] keywords, MessageType type, Int32 hue) [0x00000]
  at Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile.DoSpeech (System.String text, System.Int32[] keywords, MessageType type, Int32 hue) [0x00000]
  at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.UnicodeSpeech (Server.Network.NetState state, Server.Network.PacketReader pvSrc) [0x00000]
  at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive (Server.Network.NetState ns) [0x00000]
  at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice () [0x00000]
  at Server.Core.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000]

Any suggestions ?

berlinuo

Wanderer
same error.
how did you solve?

/etc/mono/config
Code:
<configuration>
        <dllmap dll="i:cygwin1.dll" target="libc.so.6" os="!windows" />
        <dllmap dll="libc" target="libc.so.6" os="!windows"/>
        <dllmap dll="intl" target="libc.so.6" os="!windows"/>
        <dllmap dll="intl" name="bind_textdomain_codeset" target="libc.so.6" os="solaris"/>
        <dllmap dll="libintl" name="bind_textdomain_codeset" target="libc.so.6" os="solaris"/>
        <dllmap dll="libintl" target="libc.so.6" os="!windows"/>
        <dllmap dll="i:libxslt.dll" target="libxslt.so" os="!windows"/>
        <dllmap dll="i:odbc32.dll" target="libodbc.so" os="!windows"/>
        <dllmap dll="i:odbc32.dll" target="libiodbc.dylib" os="osx"/>
        <dllmap dll="oci" target="libclntsh.so" os="!windows"/>
        <dllmap dll="db2cli" target="libdb2_36.so" os="!windows"/>
        <dllmap dll="MonoPosixHelper" target="libMonoPosixHelper.so" os="!windows" />
        <dllmap dll="i:msvcrt" target="libc.so.6" os="!windows"/>
        <dllmap dll="i:msvcrt.dll" target="libc.so.6" os="!windows"/>
        <dllmap dll="sqlite" target="libsqlite.so.0" os="!windows"/>
        <dllmap dll="sqlite3" target="libsqlite3.so.0" os="!windows"/>
        <dllmap dll="libX11" target="libX11.so.6" os="!windows" />
        <dllmap dll="libcairo-2.dll" target="libcairo.so.2" os="!windows"/>
        <dllmap dll="i:kernel32.dll">
                <dllentry dll="__Internal" name="CopyMemory" target="mono_win32_compat_CopyMemory"/>
                <dllentry dll="__Internal" name="FillMemory" target="mono_win32_compat_FillMemory"/>
                <dllentry dll="__Internal" name="MoveMemory" target="mono_win32_compat_MoveMemory"/>
                <dllentry dll="__Internal" name="ZeroMemory" target="mono_win32_compat_ZeroMemory"/>
        </dllmap>
</configuration>

#whereis libz
/usr/lib/libz.so
/usr/lib/libz.a

berlinuo

Wanderer
thank you Soteric!

the following conf did the job
Code:
<configuration>
<dllmap dll="libz" target="//usr/lib/libz.so"/>