RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ultima.dll is not a valid .dll or COM object?

Lokai

Knight
Ultima.dll is not a valid .dll or COM object?

Hi,

Just wondering if you could help me understand what I am doing wrong with the .dll files?

I am using Visual Studio 2003 .NET.
I am starting a new Solution with a new C# Windows Application.
I go to References - Add Reference, and browse and point to the .dll's which I have copied into the Solution folder. It does not matter which one I choose, I get the same response from VS2003, "Core.dll is not a valid .dll or COM object." or "Ultima.dll is not a valid .dll or COM object."

Can you tell me what I am missing?

Malaperth

Wanderer
The only thing I can think of is that the Ultima.dll you are using is in a different format than the 2003 version is used to.

NOTE: This is only a guess and has no basis in fact.

Have you tried using Visual C# Express or VS 2005?

Lokai

Knight
No.

Normally I just use Notepad++, and don't bother with VS at all. I used to need it so I could get all the helpful goodies (and sometimes miss it) but lately I just open files in Notepad++ and work on the fly.

But I wanted to create a Windows application with references to the Ultima core files. I do not have any other application to try. Is Visual C# Express one of the freeware apps? A long time ago I used Sharp Develop. I don't know if that is still around? *EDIT* I found Sharp Develop. I will try that one....BRB

Lokai

Knight
OK, Sharp Develop worked, although the interface is somewhat clumsy. I am downloading VCS2005 Express now.

Thanks!

S

System 32

A note, i created Core.dll with vcsharp express 2005, this may be the reason